Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:53:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yamaha Solenoid switch for my M900  (Read 6534 times)
yellowduc

« on: June 12, 2008, 05:39:36 PM »

Hi Guys,

Great to see you at the meeting on June 10.  Got home safely.

The next day I encountered a little problem.  It started fine but when I stop for a break and tried to restart, I got nothing.  I noticed that the starter button was still depressed as I stopped and so I think the solenoid is shot ( confirmed by Guy)

I know Chris Kelly from Ca-cycleworks has a replacement solenoid that is from a Yamaha ( better connecters) but i can't seem to be able to locate one here in town.  Monette will take 7 - 10 ( great dealer...not) and ca-cyclework will cost a fortune to get here with about the same delay. 

Does anyone know the part code for the Yammy solenoid?  Or even just the model and year that would be a replacement to the OEM Ducati solenoid?  There's a picture of it on ca-cycle website but no parts number. bang head

Thanks for the help

Rick

Rickyboy,

Mtl, Canada
NeufUnSix

Masochistic Italophile

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 07:41:15 PM »

Jideco Magnet.SW, Part number MS5D-611. Just installed one on mine, works great (starts better than before, surprisingly).

Hi Guys,

The next day I encountered a little problem.  It started fine but when I stop for a break and tried to restart, I got nothing.  I noticed that the starter button was still depressed as I stopped and so I think the solenoid is shot ( confirmed by Guy)

I know Chris Kelly from Ca-cycleworks has a replacement solenoid that is from a Yamaha ( better connecters) but i can't seem to be able to locate one here in town.  Monette will take 7 - 10 ( great dealer...not) and ca-cyclework will cost a fortune to get here with about the same delay. 

Does anyone know the part code for the Yammy solenoid?  Or even just the model and year that would be a replacement to the OEM Ducati solenoid?  There's a picture of it on ca-cycle website but no parts number. bang head

Thanks for the help

Rick

"Why did my tractor just blow up?"
yellowduc

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 04:12:41 AM »

Thanks Jason,  Where did you get it? did they have it in stock?

Rickyboy,

Mtl, Canada
ntula

still non carbonated

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 10:36:47 PM »

mine just went out, third one. the first stuck. only lasted 2 years each one. this one did the same thing as yours, it just stopped working.

the thing with the yammers one, you have to put a different connector on your harness that ca-cycle works includes.

kawasaki uses the same relay as the oem duc one for 84 - 2000 ninjas.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: