Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:22:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Riding from Plano, TX =)  (Read 22035 times)
RichD

« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2011, 07:40:17 AM »

...and up to 48 at the rear.

Holy crap! That's got to be as big around as a pizza!   Grin

DFW-MFer!
Mhanis

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »

Any decisions on an exhaust yet?

Other mods? Have you spent money yet?

What the hell? I figured 'Skrat would have this thing all tricked out for you by now!

Smiley

Mark

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
muskrat

« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »

he doesn't cave as easily as you do.  Tongue

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Jasens Deli

« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »

Not much really for the bike yet.  Just ordered an AFAM 14t sprocket and red wheel stripes. Waiting on getting more comfortable riding the Duc until deciding whether to get a new exhaust or not.

Picked up most of my gear: black rubatone Icon Alliance helmet, white Dainese Delmar jacket, black and white Held Titan gloves, T-Pro Forcefield back protector.  Thinking about getting some SIDI Vertigo boots.
TXGrillGuy

« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

Not much really for the bike yet.  Just ordered an AFAM 14t sprocket and red wheel stripes. Waiting on getting more comfortable riding the Duc until deciding whether to get a new exhaust or not.

Picked up most of my gear: black rubatone Icon Alliance helmet, white Dainese Delmar jacket, black and white Held Titan gloves, T-Pro Forcefield back protector.  Thinking about getting some SIDI Vertigo boots.

Jasen, sounds like you've got some stylin' gear. I know it was most fun shopping for it all.
Regarding the Sidi Vertigo boots, it's the one I wear and they're surprisingly comfortable. I have a few other riding boots but I wear this one exclusively now.
Also, something I didn't see mentioned in your shopping list are protectors for your lower extremities. It might be worth considering also until you're more comfortable operating your bike. The leg protector I wear is this - http://www.extremesupply.com/product/Brand-Forcefield/FORCEFIELDPROPANTS.html
I also have a mesh-type with knee pad inserts and a little bit of padding in the seat area. I either wear them over jeans (taking them off upon arrival at destination) or I wear them standalone. Either way, imagine standing tall then suddenly dropping forward directly onto your knees...then imagine adding varying elements to the equation while riding.
I look forward to meeting you. Safe riding Buddy.  waytogo

2008 Multistrada 1100S
Jasens Deli

« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2011, 07:45:55 PM »

Jasen, sounds like you've got some stylin' gear. I know it was most fun shopping for it all.
Regarding the Sidi Vertigo boots, it's the one I wear and they're surprisingly comfortable. I have a few other riding boots but I wear this one exclusively now.
Also, something I didn't see mentioned in your shopping list are protectors for your lower extremities. It might be worth considering also until you're more comfortable operating your bike. The leg protector I wear is this - http://www.extremesupply.com/product/Brand-Forcefield/FORCEFIELDPROPANTS.html
I also have a mesh-type with knee pad inserts and a little bit of padding in the seat area. I either wear them over jeans (taking them off upon arrival at destination) or I wear them standalone. Either way, imagine standing tall then suddenly dropping forward directly onto your knees...then imagine adding varying elements to the equation while riding.
I look forward to meeting you. Safe riding Buddy.  waytogo

Thanks, Cleaven!  Great minds think alike.  Wink Those Forcefield Pro Pants were the exact pants I was looking at! How do you like them? Are they cumbersome/difficult to take off when switching into, say work clothes?

- Jasen
TXGrillGuy

« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »

Thanks, Cleaven!  Great minds think alike.  Wink Those Forcefield Pro Pants were the exact pants I was looking at! How do you like them? Are they cumbersome/difficult to take off when switching into, say work clothes?

- Jasen

Yeah, they're very nice. I own 2 pairs of them. What I love about them is that they have padding in all the areas I'd be most concerned with injuring during rolls, tumbles, whathaveyou. I wear them beneath both jeans and slacks and they fit well "for me" because I allow a bit extra room during fitting. Otherwise, my pants might fit a bit tighter with them underneath.
Also, Texas Summer is near and you will be a bit warmer while riding throughout the hotter days. My bike has luggage so I keep extra bottles of water and electrolyte packets with me especially during this time of year. It's the equivalent of wearing bulkier thermal pants beneath your pants during hotter days of riding. On a day like today, in the mid-80's, it wasn't bad at all. But, I'd much rather wear them and not need them than to need them and not have anything at all.
One thing I can say is that I do like the padding they chose for these pants. Try the same knee drop I described earlier with these on and you'll know what I mean. I have the complete 100 joule-rated armor in both sets. I get more protection out of them than I did my old Point-Fighting/Kickboxing gear (Macho). I give this product a serious thumbs-up.  Smiley

2008 Multistrada 1100S
Jasens Deli

« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »

Yeah, they're very nice. I own 2 pairs of them. What I love about them is that they have padding in all the areas I'd be most concerned with injuring during rolls, tumbles, whathaveyou. I wear them beneath both jeans and slacks and they fit well "for me" because I allow a bit extra room during fitting. Otherwise, my pants might fit a bit tighter with them underneath.
Also, Texas Summer is near and you will be a bit warmer while riding throughout the hotter days. My bike has luggage so I keep extra bottles of water and electrolyte packets with me especially during this time of year. It's the equivalent of wearing bulkier thermal pants beneath your pants during hotter days of riding. On a day like today, in the mid-80's, it wasn't bad at all. But, I'd much rather wear them and not need them than to need them and not have anything at all.
One thing I can say is that I do like the padding they chose for these pants. Try the same knee drop I described earlier with these on and you'll know what I mean. I have the complete 100 joule-rated armor in both sets. I get more protection out of them than I did my old Point-Fighting/Kickboxing gear (Macho). I give this product a serious thumbs-up.  Smiley

Cleaven, I tried these on at Moto Liberty earlier this week and they are awesome!  They run a bit long, so I think I'm gonna go with a size small so the kneepads sit correctly.  Thanks for the tip about bringing extra bottled water around too!  I'll make sure to do so this summer.

As for the bike, just been doing real small mods (14t sprocket and red wheel stripes) for now.  She's a joy to gaze at every night in the garage.  waytogo

TXGrillGuy

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »

Cleaven, I tried these on at Moto Liberty earlier this week and they are awesome!  They run a bit long, so I think I'm gonna go with a size small so the kneepads sit correctly.  Thanks for the tip about bringing extra bottled water around too!  I'll make sure to do so this summer.

As for the bike, just been doing real small mods (14t sprocket and red wheel stripes) for now.  She's a joy to gaze at every night in the garage.  waytogo

I hope you're getting good usage out of them. I have 2 pairs of them and like the fact I can wear my favorite jeans over them. I look forward to catching up with you soon. Until then, take care.

2008 Multistrada 1100S
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: