Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:26:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: monster size.  (Read 3226 times)
tristantumble

« on: June 13, 2008, 04:18:54 AM »

I ride a 695 which is the smallest i guess of the monster family. But yesterday while sitting on a patio sipping bear, i saw 3 monsters ride by, and they all seemed small under their owners- i saw a 750,695,sr800.

is it just look that way under anyone thats 6 feet or above? im under and have never felt gigantic on my bike.- but it looked kind of funny.

07.695 (sold)
07. sport 1000 biposto
Big Troubled Bear
The wrong side of normal

98 m900 sold, Red 696

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:29:13 AM »

Park your bike next to a speed triple 1050 and see the differance waytogo

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
johnster

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 04:36:54 AM »

yesterday while sitting on a patio sipping bear

How'd that work out for ya??  Tongue

kidding... But I have noticed in the past that the Monster, for whatever reason, tends to look small'ish under a lot of people.. I think part of it might be the absence of a fairing.  Huh?

-I kind of like it though... makes it look more like a "toy" rather than a big honkin' bike..

2001 MS4; Full Termi w/airbox, ECU, SPS cams, CycleCat ClipOn Adapters, Apex clip-ons, CRG's, MW open clutch, Sargent Saddle, CF aplenty.. NOT RIDEABLE FOR A LONG TIME DUE TO MY STUPID LACK OF JUDGEMENT!!
CougarSlayer

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 04:37:30 AM »

Yeah think I would have to agree with you its just the nature of the beast.   The bike does not have all the cosmetic amenities of sports bike and does not have the big bulky engine of the hog cruisers so anyone 6'0" or taller with or without a little gurth makes the munster look smaller.

-panthro

cc's are still 992
Celli

Ducati Codatronca

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 04:50:46 AM »

Look at the measurement of the distance between front- and backwheelcentre and compare this to the nakid models from other brands and the other Ducati models (except for instance the St's and Multustrada's?). Then you will see that the Monster isn't that 'small' at all.  Wink
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:53:42 AM by Celli » Logged

Ducati Codatronca: Concerto Molto Vivante!
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 05:54:11 AM »

It's all a matter of perspective.

When people see this picture of my bike, they say, "Wow, your bike is huge."

If they see this picture instead, they'd say, "Your bike is tiny."

I went on a ride with some of my karate buddies last year, we all had to laugh at the littlest person being on the biggest bike. Grin

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
tristantumble

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 06:06:52 AM »

don't get me wrong, i love my bike, but it does seem small under some people...and i'm not the only one who's made that observation. Could it be the wheel size? or is it truly just a optical illusion...something to ponder i guess.

and yes, in canada we drink bear, not beer  laughingdp

07.695 (sold)
07. sport 1000 biposto
cletus_cassidy

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 09:43:18 AM »

Is there any way to raise the height of an S2R 1000?  I'm about 6' 3" and, while I fit on the stock bike well, it would be nice to get it up another inch or two.
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 10:06:40 AM »

msincredible, I'd like to address you first..... you are one of my fav peeps here. You're always friendly and you've made a mission of greeting every person in the "introduce yourself thread" and I feel it's important for someone to respond to those post, or new members(not so much peeps from TOB) could feel they maybe came upon an unfriendly site. So kudos to you.  applause waytogo
On to topic. Yeah depending on your size th Monster can appear some what diminutive, personally I like it. Kinda like diamonds and dynamite, good things can come in small packages. More importantly, while it is compact it definitely looks powerful and sturdy. I feel like I'm riding the moto equvalent of a bulldog.  waytogo

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »

The wheelbase is pretty typical sport bike, but most sport bikes have a rather large tail piece.  Fairings also give an illusion of length.
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »

i ended up with a 620 because of the low seat height
are the 695's much taller?
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »

msincredible, I'd like to address you first..... you are one of my fav peeps here. You're always friendly and you've made a mission of greeting every person in the "introduce yourself thread" and I feel it's important for someone to respond to those post, or new members(not so much peeps from TOB) could feel they maybe came upon an unfriendly site. So kudos to you.  applause waytogo

Thank you  (blushing) Smiley

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 11:59:44 AM »

i ended up with a 620 because of the low seat height
are the 695's much taller?

AFAIK, the same.  Do you want to go taller or shorter?
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 12:04:40 PM »

AFAIK, the same.  Do you want to go taller or shorter?

i'm not looking to go taller by any means, i can barely get a toe down  laughingdp
i was pointing out that the 620/695's are a low seat height, which might make it look smaller  Wink
eesnas

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 05:38:49 AM »

My bike looks tiny, especially with the clip on bars under the triple... Is it weird that I think this is cool though??? I love the fact that I tower over my bike and look too big for it. Someone here said it makes Monsters look like a "toy"- I kinda agree and for some reason I think it is just cool. I guess some things are tough to explain...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: