Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 06:09:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Places to stay, things to see in Chicago  (Read 2856 times)
Ontario_Monster

« on: April 06, 2011, 06:37:05 AM »

I'm looking for some advice, my brother and I started what we are planning to turn into a yearly tradition, we take a little 4-5 day road trip from Toronto south, last year the excuse was to see some ball games and we managed to get to Cleveland and Pittsburg (both parks were fun).  This year the destination is Chicago to see a Cubs game, then on the way back catch the White Sox play in Detroit.  The plan is to do this around the 14-17 of July.

So what I want to know is;

1.   Is it worth staying within walking distance of Wrigley ball park.  (We both assume the consumption of beer will exceed what ever limit there is, is taking a cab cost effective? to save a few bucks on the hotel cost?)

2.   Neither of us have ever stepped foot in Chicago (I don't count the airport if I don't leave it) where can we find a good ride during the day? 100-150 miles

3.   Where should be eat ... assuming watching the human condition is a pass time worth exploring in Chicago.

4.   Local craft breweries worth trying .... addresses are good too.

I know this is a ways off but if I don't hand little bro a schedule the bastard hijacks our time and I end up wandering around aimless missing out on key riding, drinking and people watching, which makes me a very unhappy camper on my limited holidays .... damn teachers anyway.

Thanks for the help/suggestions as always saving a few bucks means more money for beer.

drink

Ducati ..... Ducati ..... Ducati ..... It just makes me smile!

Harley drivers in short/t-shirts/and salad bowls .... make me laugh.
ProTeal55

HalfFastChicago.Com

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 05:32:33 AM »

Check out http://www.halffastchicago.com/forum for things going on/in/around the city...

ProTeal55 a.k.a JoeyCocks a.k.a Joe
Member: Half Fast Chicago

http://www.HalfFastChicago.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: