Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 03:07:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help pricing S4R for sale  (Read 884 times)
PhoenixS4R

« on: April 10, 2011, 08:23:56 AM »

Hi guys,

Hope to get some help. I'm in a situation where I don't really want to sell the bike but feel I should. It sits 98 percent of it's life now in my garage, and I frankly don't have time to ride anymore.

It's a 2005 Monster S4R, Less then 10k, had it's 6k maintenance done.
Includes:

Apex Clip-ons
Akrapovic Exhaust
Marvin mid pipe
Power commander
Tail chop (complete with shotgun shells for plugs, lol.)
Some sort of openish clutch cover

The downside is I had a low speed lowside on it

I'm assuming from what I've read the upgrades I've done won't help resale at all, but I don't have a stock exhaust so the only thing I can imagine selling seperately would be the power commander.

Kelly blue book puts it at like 7,100, which is what I owe. Any chance of me getting more?

mostrobelle

1994 M900, in red, of course...

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:50:34 AM »

<Dr. Evil voice> One meeellion dollahs.... </Dr. Evil voice>

Sorry, I'm of no help.   laughingdp 

Some real help:  You can't expect to up the price of your bike for modifications.  Return as much of it back to stock as you can and sell the upgrades separately.  People seem to generally expect a used bike to be priced somewhere in between KBB retail and KBB used.  Don't go by CL--people way overprice stuff on there.  What you owe on the bike is your problem.  You might take a bath unloading it, but that's how it goes sometimes.  Taking good up-close photos is priceless.  If you need to, pay a few bucks or take a buddy out to dinner to have them done.  Be willing to entertain offers.  You won't believe how small the moto community is.  Word gets around if someone is unreasonable or unbending.  You'll end up sitting on that bike for a very long time if you are insistent on getting $X.  Get your paperwork in order--service records, registration, pink slip, crap from the bank, loan papers, etc.  Be very detailed and list "the good" and "the bad" about the bike in the ad.  The more up front you are about everything in the beginning the less likely you are to have to deal with flakes and issues after the sale. 

1.  Price it fairly and be honest about it
2.  Keep it stockish
3.  Entertain offers/be flexible
4.  Sell your bike (be friendly, accommodating about meeting times, take good photos, and spruce it up)
5.  Don't be an a$$hole and hold an open house for your bike like that one girl did

My credentials:  I've sold only a couple of bikes.  The first one, a stock street bike, sold in under a week.  The second one, was an older, beat up, track-only bike.  That one took a few months.  I'm a moderator for the BARF Classifieds and I notice what sells and what doesn't.  YMMV

94,500 miles...05/22/15
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: