Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:58:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FIM World Superbike Championship » SBK USA and MRA 2011 Schedule  (Read 5225 times)
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« on: April 11, 2011, 04:37:04 PM »

Anybody out there headed to Miller Motorsports Park in Utah for the FIM World Superbike Championship on Memorial Day Weekend?http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/events/featured/big-m-weekend-sbk-usa.html
Also the MRA race season begins soon, these races are a lot closer, lets plan some trips folks.  [moto]
http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=schedule

Look fast ! Ride Faster !
aerofaze

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »

I wish I could go to the WSBK this year in UT, but I don't think my schedule will be feasible this year.

As for the MRA, I'd definitely be interested in at least seeing the one at PPIR May 21-22.  I know one of the guys who's racing that Saturday.  We can make an outing out of it!

Should be fun.
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »

OK SoCO Dogs, next weekend the MRA series makes it's way to PPIR, lets see if we can get a group of Duc's together to head out and support the local racing scene.  waytogo

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 04:57:27 AM »

MRA racing at PPIR Sat and Sun, anybody up for checking this out?
10$ gets you in for the entire weekend.

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=schedule

KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 08:43:52 PM »

I've got a car show I have to be at, and then am going to look at an "old Norton" thats been sitting a while beside the barn,so I am out, Car show,oh well, Old Norton, can't wait... Hope it's a Commando...

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 03:24:51 PM »

Made it down to PPIR , talked to the Guys from Boulder Motorsports, will be going back Sunday for some more racing action.
If anybody is interested....post up.

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 02:49:31 PM »

Day 2 at PPIR, The guys from Boulder Motorsports finished 1, 2 in this race (HWSB)

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »

Well I did go out to Utah for the WSBK races.
I pulled some volunteer duties at Miller Motorsports.
It was a good time even though it rained.....a lot.
I camped at the track, they provided all meals and even gave tickets to my wife who did not volunteer.
Definitely will do this again next year, met some great people.

Carlos Checka, won both races, qualified on the pole...in the rain, posted fasted lap time of the weekend.

This is the 848 EVO that the corner crew and I pulled out of the mud after it crashed, this was Sunday during a rainy practice.

aerofaze

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 09:40:16 AM »

Awesome!  Thanks for the pics, Mike.

Btw, I just found out that I work in the same office as one of your next door neighbors.  The young Captain is actually my customer, which translates to "government boss."  Rick had seen the photos of our Bishop's Castle ride and recognized you.

Small world!
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »

The 2nd and last MRA race at PPIR is coming up soon,  waytogo (Sept 17, 18) no excuses this time,  Huh? time to make plans to head out and support some local racers.  Dolph

It is only $10/person for the whole weekend, and you can get 1/2 off coupons at local shops, I got a couple at Rocky Mountain Cycle off Platte & Chelton.

I was thinking a tailgate....BBQ, beverages, etc..... Think I can talk my wife into driving my truck with the grill, an ez-up canopy lawn chairs etc......     bacon  popcorn  chug  Vino!

See link and info below.

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=news

Late Breaking MRA News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calling MRA Racers to PPIR Round 7

Calling MRA Racers to PPIR Round 7

Round 7 is Sept. 17-18 at PPIR. As you may or may not know the club lost $ at Round 6. We MUST get a good turnout at Round 7 or our last round (HPR in October) will be cancelled. The board expects to have our financial update Saturday night at PPIR, and Tony will announce the plan for Round 8 during the Sunday morning riders meeting. PLEASE register for Round 7 today.

Cornerworker Appreciation Day is Sunday at PPIR. Every year the club brings presents and goodies to thank our corner crew for all their hard work. Cash, beer, shirts, gloves, helmets, booze, sunglasses, shop schwag, sponsor schwag, gift certificates, you name it...please bring a gift and celebrate our awesome cornerworking and scorekeeping crew. Thank you!

Follow the link below to pre-enter online for your Round 7 races by Friday September 9th.

http://www.mra-racing.org/online_login.cfm

We look forward to seeing you at PPIR! MRA

MRA

aerofaze

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 02:50:19 PM »

Mike, if we're in town that weekend, we will go.  Would love to tailgate with you, so we'll let you know as soon as we find out!!
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 07:28:06 AM »

Sounds like a fun deal, but I have to work Sat, Sun, Mon.    Damn job ruined My whole summer..except for Ouray  Dolph Dolph chug bacon

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
aerofaze

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 08:18:40 AM »

75% sure we'll stop by on either Sat or Sun, but probably not with any tailgating accessories (ie, food, etc).

If anyone's there, let me know and we'll try to find you.
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 07:06:06 AM »

Made it out to PPIR late Sat afternoon for the last 2 races.. Dolph...to many "to do" things at home after being in So Cal for the past 2 weeks.

Heading out to the track about 9 am Sun Morning, see ya there....I be there with my Grey Nissan Titan, Blue EZ-Up Canopy  chug

Cool Pit Bike (ankle biter....)

Ben Fox after the HW / Open Endurance race

A 999R during the Super Street race

aerofaze

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 10:49:17 AM »

Mike, I was gonna post this earlier this week but then got sidetracked. 

Thanks for hosting me and Jason at PPIR on Sunday.  Great food (yum) and great company chug!!  It was fun catching up and supporting the local racers on "our end of town" this time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: