Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 05:03:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official NW Section Drinking Thread  (Read 194587 times)
bnbmike

« Reply #480 on: November 03, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »

How is Washington for wine tasting??

This is our first trip, but some of the best wine in our cellar comes from that region.  Cab, Merlot, hot weather grapes.  Lots of boutique wineries with very small production, not distributed, you have to buy from them.  We have been on a waiting list for Leonetti Cellar for 4 years.  Looking forward to the tasting.

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #481 on: November 03, 2008, 02:37:03 PM »

My father lives in Napa, so we taste there a lot, and of course the Dundee / Yamhill area has great wines, but we keep talking about heading out to Washington. We love a lot of the Washington wines, but I hear it is more than just a 20 minute drive like Yamhill is for me.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #482 on: November 03, 2008, 05:54:53 PM »

Not that I would ever consider imposing my will on y'all but . . .

I won't be going to Henry's again.

My irritation with the waitress for asking if I had a preference of vodkas then putting it upon herself to give (or at least charge) me the expensive shit just irks me.  And it was loud, crowded, hip . . . and EXPENSIVE.  Contrary to popular belief I'm not a trust fund baby, I don't make oodles of money, and so I'm boycotting this place.

Moving on to your regularly scheduled program . . .
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #483 on: November 03, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »

Chuckman-

Sorry you had a crummy time.  I'm sorry I suggested that place now.  I was just looking to play pool with Ryan "Fats" Dalling

I know what you mean about the prices at that joint.  That's why I just stuck with beers.  Can't imagine how much they charge for well drinks.

Next time, I vote that you call out the meetup.
NEIKOS
« Reply #484 on: November 03, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »

Dude - no worries.  And you guys can all go there any time you want.

I wouldn't say I had a crummy time.  Just not the time I would want to have when I'm spending $  Undecided

Besides, I don't think my choices have been group favorites either.

Heck - the last one I tried to put together it was Kristine and me for 1.5 hours.  Then she called her friend Sara to join us and after about another 1.5 hours my friend Erica joined us.

Mind you . . . I enjoyed the company but I was a bit disapointed that no one else came out.

And the time before that . . . I don't think anyone made it out . . .
bnbmike

« Reply #485 on: November 03, 2008, 09:32:11 PM »

My father lives in Napa...

We did Napa in April.  I have a few friends in the business and they set up appointments for us and kept us busy.  Only brought home 2 cases, most of the stuff is available in Oregon.  This trip will be a bit more  $$$$ if we buy.

As far as Thursday's go, the one time I was in PDX, nobody replied to a request to drink.   Cry Cry

Now that the crazy season is over, I may be up more often.  I was overnight in Portland twice in 2008.

SaltLick
« Reply #486 on: November 03, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »

i worked for winerys for years in Napa. Beringer/glen ellen/BV/MG Vallejo  for 5 years, commuted to Sonona/Napa every day.  Best wine/winery ever is Opus One.  Place is built underground. They do only one wine and they do it right. Cab. use to be about 12 years ago the bottles went for $100 a pop. Now just for a taste its $30??  Looks like they sell now for $250 a bottle. if you like cab though it doesnt get any better than this: 

http://www.opusonewinery.com/

« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 09:45:38 PM by SaltLick » Logged
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #487 on: November 03, 2008, 10:12:11 PM »

Walla Walla has some AMAZING reds!!  Neikos and Ryan = Read - Red Wine, not Red Heads...

Pepperbridge, Leonetti, Walla Walla Vintners, L'Ecole 41, etc etc... You'll have a GREAT time!!  Smiley

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
NEIKOS
« Reply #488 on: November 04, 2008, 05:39:02 AM »

. . .  not Red Heads...

Saw some of those on my long trip through WA this summer  Grin
ryandalling

« Reply #489 on: November 04, 2008, 06:39:12 AM »

I prefer Altamura and Round Pond to Opus One. However, Screaming Eagle is pretty good as well, but WAY over priced.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
bnbmike

« Reply #490 on: November 04, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »

As far as Cab's go, I like the altitude.  Just about anything grown on Howell Mountain (look for that on wine lists).  We have a Pine Ridge in the cellar.  Hess is also great.  Above the fog line.  As far as Valley floor Cab's, Silver Oak is by far the best (I've had).  Jessup is across the street and is my kind of winery, pole barn and the owner lives on site in a manufactured home.  The money is spent on the wine, not the building.  He makes an awesome port style as well.  Now where the money is spent on the fantastic building and still great wine, we like Chateau Montelena.

That's just Nappa Valley Cab, don't get me started on Zin.  Oh, white zin is wine with training wheels.  Unless you are a lady over 50 and smoke Pal Mal, don't drink it!  Another exception would be going to a house warming party where they take the wheels off the house.

ryandalling

« Reply #491 on: November 04, 2008, 11:33:51 AM »

I think we will have to come visit you and talk vino all night long.  Grin   Vino!

marvellous

« Reply #492 on: November 04, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »

Agreed!  One of the members at Broken Top gave me 2 incredible bottles of Silver Oak this summer to 'compare and contrast'.  He doesn't drink anymore and wanted someone to enjoy them.  Both were 94's, one was Alexander Valley and one Napa.  Both were incredible but liked the Napa better!  This is the same gentleman that brought a Methuselah of Mondavi Cab Reserve ('85) that he had purchased at the winery way back when for $500.  OMG was that fantastic!  Took every decanter I had, almost dropped it once (talk about pucker factor of 10!), and there was 2 decanters left at the end of the night that he told me to share w/ my staff as a thanks.  I poured it up, pulled the kitchen staff to the bar and told them 'thank you' for all of their hard work this summer.  Each glass was probably close to $100+ each... they about choked when I told them that... heh  THAT was a cool thing!!  And yes, I managed to pull the cork in one piece!!  Tongue

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
bnbmike

« Reply #493 on: November 04, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »

We bring wine when we go out to dinner in the "big city."  Saves us about $300.00 with 2 couples.  Yeah, I'm a foodie.  Anyhoo, when we bring in one of our best and the waiter knows it, we always pour a taste for them.  They love it, and remember it the next time we go in.

We had a bottle of 2002 Insignia one night.  Every who walked by the table picked it up to see.
http://www.jpvwines.com/release_insignia_05.html

marvellous

« Reply #494 on: November 04, 2008, 01:09:10 PM »

I just sold $3k in Insignia for 2 members at work.  Our cost was $150 a bottle at Post-Off pricing...  Haven't tried it tho..  Cry

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: