Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:38:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official NW Section Drinking Thread  (Read 194270 times)
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »

Chuck -

Sorry I missed the fun.

I got yer voicemail. Thanks for calling.

Weds evening I lost a filling.

Thursday went to my dentist.  BTW, I think his diploma must have been from University of Grenada.

Thursday night - hurt like a m&^%$&$.  I just went to bed.

Catch you next time.

J
NEIKOS
« Reply #616 on: January 09, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »

Don't forget the honor.

Wink

Come on . . . no one got that?!
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #617 on: January 11, 2009, 12:45:50 AM »

Dan you have facebook right?

I'ma friend request you, and you should join my mafia.

Yep, I do.

But I see no friend request in my inbox.  Cry

I dunno how many instances of  "Dan Winkelman" there are on FB, but I have a pic from TOR, me leaned over on the SS in turn 9, as my profile.  I'm part of the Portland OR, Embry-Riddle, and Rockwell Collins networks.

You in there as Cierra Miller?

Nvm... I see you.  You've got an identifiable profile pic.  waytogo

-------------

So yeah, what was up with all y'all slackers not showin' up on Thursday?  Chuckles and a certain attractive young woman showed up after I finished dinner, got tired of waiting, opened up a pool table, and was about to start playin' for practice.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #618 on: January 11, 2009, 10:08:57 AM »

You know what goes good w/ rum?

Boobies...  waytogo

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #619 on: January 11, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »

You know what goes good w/ rum?

Boobies...  waytogo

What doesn't go good with boobies? Hell... even more boobies go great with boobies.   waytogo

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
marvellous

« Reply #620 on: January 11, 2009, 11:23:18 AM »

Amen brother!

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
desmosome

« Reply #621 on: January 12, 2009, 04:06:07 PM »

Boob scotch is also good.

You dip a boob (preferably female) in your scotch.

Then raise your drink and proclaim: "Nothing is finer than a 24 year old boob in a 5 year old scotch!"
ryandalling

« Reply #622 on: January 26, 2009, 08:33:57 AM »

Must have beerses..... neeed beerses.... must drink soon!  bang head

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
marvellous

« Reply #623 on: January 26, 2009, 12:43:50 PM »

mmm... beer...

duc_fan

« Reply #624 on: January 26, 2009, 02:29:14 PM »

I'd be game for a Friday night outing.  Probably not before then, as this week will be busy trying to get a major task at work finished.  Wish I could explain it w/o getting into all the technobabble... or violating the Int'l Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).  Wink

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #625 on: January 26, 2009, 07:13:02 PM »

Hey Dan, could you make a HUD for your Ducati?  Mine? waytogo

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
duc_fan

« Reply #626 on: January 27, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »

Vic, man, I soooooo want them to make a functional HUD that was either built into a moto helmet, or worn like a pair of glasses.  The computer would have to be no bigger than a cell phone.  Challenging, but should be doable.  Doesn't need to run a CATIII certified flight guidance system, so computing power demands would be much smaller than our aircraft HUDs.  Live navigation would also have to be put off, because that requires horsepower and drivespace.

But... could you imagine riding along, and having all your bike's critical info projected right in front of your eyes, inside your helmet?  Especially for a tall wanker like me, never having to look down at the instruments would be a godsend!

Unfortunately... the cost of that kind of technology is still WAY too high today, and microprojection that's compact enough for consumer use is still years away.

Oh, if we had such a product under development here, I wouldn't be allowed to confirm it.  Wink

ryandalling

« Reply #627 on: January 27, 2009, 01:16:19 PM »

Vic, man, I soooooo want them to make a functional HUD that was either built into a moto helmet, or worn like a pair of glasses.  The computer would have to be no bigger than a cell phone.  Challenging, but should be doable.  Doesn't need to run a CATIII certified flight guidance system, so computing power demands would be much smaller than our aircraft HUDs.  Live navigation would also have to be put off, because that requires horsepower and drivespace.

But... could you imagine riding along, and having all your bike's critical info projected right in front of your eyes, inside your helmet?  Especially for a tall wanker like me, never having to look down at the instruments would be a godsend!

Unfortunately... the cost of that kind of technology is still WAY too high today, and microprojection that's compact enough for consumer use is still years away.

Oh, if we had such a product under development here, I wouldn't be allowed to confirm it.  Wink

Google it... you can get a HUD that projects gear, RPM, and speed. What a pain in the ass to have to tether yourself to your bike though. :-D

duc_fan

« Reply #628 on: January 28, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »

Ooh... SportVue... apparently it goes for $350-$400.

Looks like a yellow Duc Supersport in the pic: http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/SportVue.htm

I'm gonna have to add that to the list of "want" accessories.  [moto]  It's a little more simplified from what I was thinking (which is a LOT simplified from the HUDs I work on), but displays the three most important things I'd like to have... Speed, RPM, and Gear.

Additional things requiring more computing power would include an artificial horizon line and a motorcycle lean angle indicator, showing you how far over you've got the bike.  A more full-featured (and integrated) solution would have things like fuel economy, trip odometer, warning lights, etc.

One day when computing power gets small enough, we'll be able to integrate a GPS navigation system with a HUD to provide head-up turn-by-turn directions.  Aircraft already have this... but it takes a LOT more computing power and storage space than you'd want to tack onto a motorcycle right now (well... a 12-lb HUD computer on a Goldwing might not be a problem, but I doubt the average Ducatisti would appreciate the added heft).

duc_fan

« Reply #629 on: January 28, 2009, 03:09:54 PM »

Okay, all this HUD talk is cool --I love talking about gadgets-- but when & where are we goin' out for drinks?

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: