Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 01:00:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brainerd Update  (Read 2150 times)
Monstergirl

http://www.mnducati.com

« on: June 14, 2008, 04:36:58 AM »

So I am headed to Brainerd this morning and I just found out that Gabe took 3rd place in the Framstead cup yesterday.  WHOOOOOOO!  He and Team Atomic are up and running.  If anyone would like to head on up this weekend come see us in Garage A. 

Also today is the Team challenge.  Gabe and Mark will be riding the 620 Monster in the race.  They have an awesome chance of getting a podium.  Geoff will also run on his R6 solo.  Mo and I will pit crew and make sure everything goes smooth.  If you are in the area we could also use some help. 

Kim

DOC President and ex-DML Moderator
monstergirl@mnducati.com

MNDucati is on Facebook and Twitter

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001474893824&ref=ts
twitter: http://twitter.com/MNDucati
fasterblkduc

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 06:53:46 PM »

We're back home now. In a nutshell, it was another weekend of ups and downs...Mo had bike problems and didn't get to race... Geoff got faster... My first three races, I took 3rd place then on my last race, I was in 1st in my class going into the last lap when my bike broke.  bang head

I'll get the website updated soon with a full race report.

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
Sgt_H

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 07:19:27 PM »

We're back home now. In a nutshell, it was another weekend of ups and downs...Mo had bike problems and didn't get to race... Geoff got faster... My first three races, I took 3rd place then on my last race, I was in 1st in my class going into the last lap when my bike broke.  bang head

I'll get the website updated soon with a full race report.

Dude, that sucks about the broken bike.  But hey, at least you were racing  waytogo  Hope it's nothing too spendy to fix. 

Sgt_H
Banned
fasterblkduc

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:51:09 AM »

Cheap part. Probably fifteen bucks. But if this part would have broken one second sooner, it could have been disasterous!

It was the ball end on the ride height adjuster. The mounting threads sheared. After exiting turn 9 and getting back upright with the throttle pinned, the back end dropped  Shocked  The frame started scraping the rear wheel, and the bellypan was dragging the ground. I try not to think about what would have happened if it was in turn 1 or 2 as they are 120 mph turns on the Monster.

That part should not be able to break so it's a little troubling to me. In the next couple of days, it will be analyzed by my scary smart rocket scientist friend. He's a very accomplished engineer  that I'm turning to for help.

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:22:26 PM »

coffee Feelin' it today.  Turns out, acording to the internet (my laps), I got 2nd in the endurance in my class and 4th overall in the solo endurance.  The main goal of faster times was achieved that's the most important thing.  It's all about seat time now.  Can't wait until July.

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
crash13

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »

Sorry Gabe did I mention the only way to obtain those lighting fast laptimes was to ramp jump the curbing at Turn #9 every lap.  Perhaps the height adjuster was not designed to land Evel Keneivel Style for 18 laps in a row laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Just kidding!!!!

Mark Miller
Chief Riding Instructor Trackaddix Northern Region
Co-Chief Riding Instructor Central Roadracing Association
MMR,Princess Jennife,Trackaddix, Newracers.com, Dunlop, Manley Cycle, Moto Primo, Headsweats, Momentum Photo, Lithium Motorsports, Vortex, LP usa
fasterblkduc

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 03:31:47 AM »

The atomic racing website is now updated. (thank you monstergirl!)

Both Geoff and I have a race report for June and there are some new photos for June in the photo album. Geoff may add some more photos after Momentum updates but for now...check it out!

Oh, and Mo broke his SV Sad He did not get to race.

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: