Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:31:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap Reliable Powdercoating in SOCO?  (Read 2049 times)
DucatiTorrey
My wife's super hero is my

Industrial Designer

« on: April 28, 2011, 03:56:59 AM »

Hey just looking for recommendations for cheap powdercoating, possible in the COS area. I have looked online, just wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

thanks!

jim

- real place
flynbulldog

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:17:24 PM »

Jim, I don't do cheap, I do good. The best powdercoater in the area is Spectrum Powder coat. http://www.spectrumpowderworks.com/spectrumindex.php

They are not cheap.  Vino!
DucatiTorrey

Industrial Designer

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »

LOL ok. What if i want a rough cast top triple from a 696 to be shineeeeyyyyyyy black? wha$ are we talkin??

- real place
DucatiTorrey

Industrial Designer

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:02:33 PM »

wow, is this your shop?

- real place
mytduk
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 05:51:53 AM »

If Taint Paint is still in business in Colorado Springs I used them for several projects and I was extremely happy with their work. I had four gas tanks powder coated for 100 bucks a piece. These were 1960s motorcycle tanks done in candy apple red and one gold one. I also had a 1987 750 Paso gas tank done in black. Compare the cost of powder coating to having a painter do it and I cam out way ahead and they are beautiful. I also had some side covers done for same year 1960s bikes. Also had several Ducati wheels powder coated glossy black. I think those were 100 bucks also. They strip the old paint off and put the new stuff on. They have the swatches in the shop so you can pick your colors. I left COS a year and a half ago so I don't know if Taint Paint is still in business but they are off of Filmore to the north. Might be El Paso but not sure. I need to have them do a 1967 Bridgestone 350 frame for me next. Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: