Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:16:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tire mounting places?  (Read 1474 times)
Amlethae
ahm-leth-eye

If life is a stage, you'd better let me direct.

« on: April 28, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »

Yo,

Looking for recommendations for where to get tires mounted/balanced/etc in the NYC area.  Who do you guys use?  And do you pre-order tires online and have them sent to the shop for install or how do you do it?  Never had to change my tires before, but my Diablo Corsas are getting a little slick in the rain.  Looking at the Micheline Pilot Road 3's if anyone has any thoughts on those -- I don't go to the track so I just need a good commuting all-weather tire.

Thanks!

First bike (ever): 2008 Monster 696 [now it's the wife's]
Lost to the front end of a GMC truck: 2010 Monster 1100s w/ABS [miss it!]
Currently Riding: 2013 Streetfighter 848
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:25:13 AM »

again, something else i was planning on asking...  most places i've checked around for ask around $120ish for both tires if you bring in the bike.  a little less if you unmount them yourself.  i got that pricing from circle cycle in nj... they were the closest to me so i just took it to them for when i needed new tires on my sv.

at that price point i was sorely tempted to just get that harbor freight tire changer and a no mar bar thing... cept i have no where to put it.  in 2 tire changes it would have paid for itself.  and i heard that cycle gear will balance tires for free if you bring them over to them.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 10:24:56 AM »

I was going to get a cyclehill, i have a garage and all, and charge like $10 bucks and let people USE IT...until it pays for itself.... I need to change my tire, and ive already changed like 8 tires. Im just so used to doing it by hand with 3 tire irons. its really easy.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:51:53 AM »

aml, werent you the one that was asking about ryder's alley?  dont they have tire changing gear on site?

and he man, you are rapidly becoming the person i need to meet up with someday to leech off your tooling knowledge.  haha

oh, and also, if you ever decide to get that cycle hill changer, i would prob be up for tossing in something to make it happen.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Amlethae
ahm-leth-eye

If life is a stage, you'd better let me direct.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »

RE: Ryder's Alley: Yep and yep!

I just got my spot there today and talked to Demian about it.  He said he'd show me how to use the tire changer (never done that myself before) so that'll be cool and probably the way I go.  Midtown location is really great btw for anyone wondering!  And Demian is awesome!

First bike (ever): 2008 Monster 696 [now it's the wife's]
Lost to the front end of a GMC truck: 2010 Monster 1100s w/ABS [miss it!]
Currently Riding: 2013 Streetfighter 848
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: