Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 07:57:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1098s with Termignoni sound's weak  (Read 2585 times)
androgynous

if you need change in your life im your cashier

« on: June 14, 2008, 11:35:08 AM »

I was driving home yesterday on northern state parkway and a 1098s was coming up behind me so i switched lanes to let him by. I rolled down my window to hear the Termignoni sound and was greatly disappointed, at constant speed you could barely hear it and when it accelerated it wasn't loud enough for me. my monster with Remus sounds 10x better.

i hope akrapovic has a better sounding system,  if I'm saving up to buy a 1098s next year i want it too sound as good as it looks.

has any body experienced something similar or is it all in my head   drink

If you need change in your life I'm your cashier
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:04:08 PM »

I was driving home yesterday on northern state parkway and a 1098s was coming up behind me so i switched lanes to let him by. I rolled down my window to hear the Termignoni sound and was greatly disappointed, at constant speed you could barely hear it and when it accelerated it wasn't loud enough for me. my monster with Remus sounds 10x better.

i hope akrapovic has a better sounding system,  if I'm saving up to buy a 1098s next year i want it too sound as good as it looks.

has any body experienced something similar or is it all in my head   drink

Full system or half? Did it have the baffles (DB killers) in?
I've heard good things about the Akropovic. Much lighter (titanium) than the Termis (stainless).

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Triple J
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 12:54:27 PM »

In my experience Monsters and Supersports are hands down the best sounding Ducs.  I *think* it's because they have longer exhausts (the can portion) than the other models, which gives them a much deeper sound.  Remus in particular sound awesome.

My 848 with termi slip-ons (no baffles) sounds nice, but my old M900 with Remus slip ons was a lot deeper and meaner sounding.
CairnsDuc
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 01:30:08 PM »

Had a listen to a 1098r at my dealer yesterday with the titanium Termi's and race ECU, Now that sounded great!  Evil
RavnMonster

05 S4R

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »

Probably had the baffles in it

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
-- Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
androgynous

if you need change in your life im your cashier

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »

my old M900 with Remus slip ons was a lot deeper and meaner sounding.

this is what i have now and i love it
nothing comes close
i hope remus comes out with something for the 1098 or the akrapovic sounds better
if not i'm just going to get an s4rs (i really want that signal side swing arm look)
thank you for the response

If you need change in your life I'm your cashier
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »

I rode with a 1098S tri-colore w/ full Termi system last week.  It was loud, and I had earplugs in  Grin

Triple J
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »

i hope remus comes out with something for the 1098

They already have...either their standard cans, or the new powercones.  I think the powercones look horrible though.  I would have got the Remus instead of Termis, but I wanted the DP ecu.
silentbob
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »

It had to be slip ons or they had baffles in or both.  The full system without baffles is LOUD.

I do think the pipes are too big for 1098.  They were probably designed for the R model.  The 70 mm system doesn't sound crisp until you get up around 8K rpm.
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 06:45:37 PM »

The Akropovics look bada$$ on the WSBK Sterilgarda bikes Xaus and Biaggi ride.  The black trim doesn't hurt it either! Cool

M-ROCin' it!!!
lawbreaker

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 08:40:03 PM »

Had a listen to a 1098r at my dealer yesterday with the titanium Termi's and race ECU, Now that sounded great!  Evil

+1 !!!
I was at SoCal Ducati in Brea when the service techs were preppin a 1098R. The tech ( maybe mgr?) throws on a lid ,hops on the R and takes her out for a spin.

Gorgeous sound..... waytogo
Grappa

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 11:14:23 PM »

I know a guy who has the 1098s with the Termis, but he has the full system and it sounds great.  Don't know if he has done anything with the baffles though.

Ahh... but the servant waits, while the master baits.

Sometimes Aloha means Goodbye.
Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »

2v Ducs breathe deeper than 4v's but I still can't imagine any 1098 (S or otherwise) sounding weak with any aftermarket exhaust unless the db killers were in.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: