Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:46:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REQUEST: SSS Rear Sprocket Change  (Read 2701 times)
Amlethae
ahm-leth-eye

If life is a stage, you'd better let me direct.

« on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:31 AM »

Hey guys,

So after discovering I have a 520 sprocket on my 525 chain, I need to put my stock sprocket back on.  I had the dealer change my sprocket originally (no, they didn't say anything!) so I really have no idea what I'm doing.  If anyone is bored, has time, or just out of the kindness of their hearts wants to post a HOW TO for changing the rear sprocket on a SSS I'd be most grateful!

I have a long torque wrench, proper axel sockets, chain adjustment tool, etc.  Just no idea how to do it right or what's involved.

Thanks!

First bike (ever): 2008 Monster 696 [now it's the wife's]
Lost to the front end of a GMC truck: 2010 Monster 1100s w/ABS [miss it!]
Currently Riding: 2013 Streetfighter 848
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 04:40:07 PM »

Tutorials are for tutorials, not requests, thats why there is a tech section to ask questions. waytogo
(it used to be called a How-To, but people kept asking how DO...) dont mean to bag on you but it was a free shot.  Grin

Anyway lucky for you  just do the opposite. You have to do it this way to get the cush drives off. And try not to break em replacements dont come by that easily. I THINK you need a 12mm allen on one end and a 13mm socket on the top end. I honestly cant remember. but most people dont use that type of size so be prepared to buy one.

To remove the asssembly there are 2 pinch bolts that hold the eccentric. Release them and use a punch or some sort of drift (i would avoid a screw driver but it does get it done, however it will eventually sheer the posts off) or if you do have a C spanner handy...losen the chain. Once the chain is able to be lifted off the sprocket, you can remove that big nut and slide the whole assembly off. Reverse for install.

Ducatitech.com "HowTo" Install Quick-Change Sprocket Carrier
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:44:52 PM by He Man » Logged

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Amlethae
ahm-leth-eye

If life is a stage, you'd better let me direct.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »

Doh  Roll Eyes but I think a descriptive Tutorial is totally needed here :-P  That video is all I ever found... but frankly as you describe, it's so much easier than I was thinking in my head.  Maybe won't need to take out the carrier afterall though  Wink

First bike (ever): 2008 Monster 696 [now it's the wife's]
Lost to the front end of a GMC truck: 2010 Monster 1100s w/ABS [miss it!]
Currently Riding: 2013 Streetfighter 848
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: