Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 07:50:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike rental/ Spare bike for visitors?  (Read 2771 times)
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« on: May 11, 2011, 07:15:59 AM »

I have a friend/client visiting from NY the first week of June and I'm planning to take off on Friday June 10 so we can ride Crest and perhaps Jemez loop or High Roads to Taos. Anyone free is welcome to join! He is originally from Brazil and has some permit from NY to ride?! He can ride for sure!  Grin I need to rent or borrow an extra bike. It need not be fancy meaning a Ducati  Tongue, anyone's gotta an old beater to rent/borrow or is PJ's rental my best bet? I'll call PJ's and find details. Any comments/opinions would help as I occasionally have biker friendly clients coming down to Santa Fe for CFD training from all over the world!  [moto]

Ride forever...
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »

I think PJs might be your best bet. I know awhile back he was doing the whole rental bike thing, i assume he is still doing it.....

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:40:01 AM »

JJ- Big Red, my '97 Monster, may be available. As of now, there is a 50-50 possibility that I will be in Albuquerque in June. I'm actually waiting on a VoIP project up north. If it comes through, then the bike is my transportation. Otherwise, it's available. I hope to know within a week.

I have no problems with friends of friends riding her. Only condition predictably is that whoever rides her is responsible for bringing her back in the condition she was in when they picked her up. She is in the very caring custody of Duck-Stew.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
JJ

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »

Thanks Nick! I'll inquire with PJ's- been very busy day. I would not take anyone's bike myself if there is a choice. If we cant rent then maybe, but I will ride it, not a friend. Smiley It should work out...Just need to sort rental arrangements. But I know there may be a back-up! waytogo

Ride forever...
Duck-Stew

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »

JJ, Red Dog is certainly running and available should Nic's schedule allow.

All services done and recent tires too.

Give me a few days notice (if Nic's schedule is open) an I'll be sure it's ready to go!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
JJ

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 06:32:35 PM »

Awesome! Talked to Carlos at PJ's. Rental is quite affordable, just not bikes I would like to ride. As far as my client we can get him hooked with a Triumph Tiger. My boss who used to race motocross can ride my bike if he is coming along as he can pop wheelies on my bike for miles if needed! I can ride Nicks if it comes to it...but so far it looks good with just rental. BTW PJ's rents for around 120 or so per day...insurance 25 and a block of a grand that goes off when u return! Not bad for occasional visitors! waytogo

Ride forever...
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 06:02:39 AM »

I will not be headed west this month. The project I will be working on in northern New Mexico will not be starting until mid-July. So, my '97 Monster is definitely available till then.

Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:05:40 PM »

That sorta sucks, Nic, but at least we'll get to see you in July.  Until then, keep 'em on two!

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 06:38:34 AM »

I haven't done much riding here in NY, except for local errands. Either the weather has sucked, or I've had other things to do, and there aren't really many fun rides here on the Long Suburban Island. Barb will be in ABQ later this month, but I'm staying behind because I have a major project beginning (yay!) the 20th.  I am planning to ride upstate to Ithaca to visit my riding buddy. The topography of upstate NY is a lot like Northern Georgia and I am looking forward to a few days of some fun riding.

In the meantime, I hope y'all make sure Big Red gets some exercise.

JJ

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 08:49:12 AM »

I will not be headed west this month. The project I will be working on in northern New Mexico will not be starting until mid-July. So, my '97 Monster is definitely available till then.

Hey Nick, thanks! I managed to reserve Triumph Tiger for my client at PJ's. It should work out well for a day. Since, I  survived the trackday yesterday, I have my bike still...! waytogo

Ride forever...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: