Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 03:12:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 99485 times)
BoDiddley

S4Rs In Michigan

« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2013, 03:59:37 AM »

Bukowski last live reading on CD.  Kind of hooks you to ear what he will say next. A slow Lenny Bruce with a bottle of wine.

"But sire what are we to do.  You have taken all our weapons and now the heathen hordes are at the gate.  Are we to lie down and give them our lives.  Without weapons they will make us eat ourselves."
Ducatamount

« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2013, 05:11:43 AM »

I watched a good doc. on Bukowski on Netflix. Awesome writer.

half fast
MendoDave
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2013, 02:02:48 PM »

Just picked up an new one by Orson Scott Card "The first Formic War" sequel to Earth unaware from the Enders Game series. should be good.
sno_duc

« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »

Just finished Ryk Browns "Celesti: CV-02" (Ep. 8 Frontiers Saga) on my kindle.
Good sci-fi.  waytogo
I like the fact that kindle provides an outlet for indie writers, some are really good. I think the days of major publishing houses (and all the politics that it used to take to get published) are numbered.

A conclusion is the place you got tired of thinking
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2013, 01:24:06 PM »

I'm a real sucker for Nordic Noir...
Scandinavian mystery novels, if you will...
I feel like our friends in the North have a good grasp on dark and enigmatic characters.
I'm currently in the midst of the "Harry Hole" novels by Jo Nesbo. I know, it's a TERRIBLE name for a character... but the books are great.

Check out the Red Breast if you're in the US... That would be book 1.

http://jonesbo.com/#!/books

They are quick reads.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
BoDiddley

S4Rs In Michigan

« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2013, 07:43:44 AM »

"The Reader" author Bernhard Schlink, I seen the show and liked it and I think seeing the show made the book better which is usually not the case.  I am waiting for the library to get his other books.

"But sire what are we to do.  You have taken all our weapons and now the heathen hordes are at the gate.  Are we to lie down and give them our lives.  Without weapons they will make us eat ourselves."
BoDiddley

S4Rs In Michigan

« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2013, 07:52:23 AM »

I'm a real sucker for Nordic Noir...
Scandinavian mystery novels, if you will...
I feel like our friends in the North have a good grasp on dark and enigmatic characters.
I'm currently in the midst of the "Harry Hole" novels by Jo Nesbo. I know, it's a TERRIBLE name for a character... but the books are great.

I just requested "Doctor Proctor's fart powder" from the library.  Now that is an interesting title!  Are the "Snowman" and "Leopard" worth a listen?

corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2013, 07:34:06 AM »

I just requested "Doctor Proctor's fart powder" from the library.  Now that is an interesting title!  Are the "Snowman" and "Leopard" worth a listen?

I would imagine so. If you haven't read or listened to any of them yet, I would go Redbreast, Nemesis, and Devil's Star. It's a three-part series with an intertwining deeper conflict. I really truly enjoyed them, and read all three in ten days.

If you wanted to do Snowman and Leopard, go in this order: The Redeemer, The Snowman, The Leopard. I just started the Redeemer, and I believe it's another 3-part series, based on what I can gather from reviews and the cover art.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2013, 04:46:50 PM »

i just finally finished the 'new' dune books, ending with Winds of Dune.

Right now I'm reading William Gibsons's Zero History.
Not sure what to think so far.

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
Steve.In.Atlanta

Rider in downtown Atlanta

« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »

Feast For Crows, 4th book in the Song Of Ice and Fire. Series Game of Thrones is based on.

2005 Monster S4R
1982 Moto Guzzi V50 Mk3 (project bike)
2001 Monster 900S (stolen)
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2013, 05:15:51 AM »

Just finished re-reading the first two of the King Killer Chronicles (Name of the Wind; Wise Man's Fear) by Patrick Rothfuss.

Frothing at the mouth waiting for #3 to come out next year.

Easily some of the best-written fantasy novels ever.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2013, 05:44:16 AM »

If By Sea - The Forging the American Navy - From the Revolution to the War of 1812 by George C. Daughan.

I was looking for something about John Paul Jones, and ended up with the above. Just started, but interesting and well written.
faolan01

« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2013, 08:47:21 AM »

Working my way through the James Bond books. Most of the way through Goldfinger and already have For Your Eyes Only downloaded to my kindle and ready to start in on as soon as I finish that one.
BoDiddley

S4Rs In Michigan

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2013, 11:43:46 AM »

Steven Tylers "Does the noise in my head bother you", Richards Americanized twin brother and he might survive the Nuc blast along with Keith.  His life is a high side at 2000 mph.

Does anyone listen to books?  I go through a lot of them on the road and working the monotonous jobs at my shop, requested online and free from the friendly local library.

MendoDave
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2013, 07:21:26 AM »

Just finishing up "earth afire" from the Ender wiggins series. just came out.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: