Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 01, 2024, 08:14:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati Data Analyzer readings - does this sound normal?  (Read 1623 times)
metroplex

« on: May 30, 2011, 12:42:22 PM »

I am using Ducati's Data Analyzer, which was a royal PITA to get working on Windows 7 64-bit. I noticed that even when I set the units to USA, the distance traveled is still in kilometers. It read about 54 and change as distance, which is about 34 miles. I turn the key, and it says 33 miles (33.7 in the trip odometer, which is close enough).

I also noticed TEMP read about 306 as a max after 40 minutes of practicing at low speed in a parking lot (15-20 MPH). Is that 306F? Wouldn't that roast the engine oil? At the end of the session I could hear all kinds of ticking noises from the engine. I could feel an immense amount of heat from under the seat while I practiced pulling out of a parking spot / curb, and also noticed the engine ticking loudly and I wear earplugs while I ride.

I also have no clue what GEAR represents because 5.85 is not a valid gear number and the highest gear I switched into was about 3rd gear.

Overall, the DDA isn't too shabby. It is much better than any commercial data acquisition units I can buy for cars and it fits under the seat (versus lugging a laptop). I hear there are better units for bikes, but I haven't come across any designed for my 696??

These aren't the droids you're looking for
Kev M
Italian Bike Nut

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:27:20 AM »

Are those the only functions of the DDA?

Does it interface with the ECM to pull codes or reset the service light?

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III
16 FLHP (Police RK)
13 Guzzi V7
11 M696
metroplex

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:48:59 AM »

The only functions are to record up to about 6.5 hours of data for:
Bike speed, engine RPM, GEAR, Engine temperature, distance traveled, throttle opening

Gear is meaningless on my 696 because it takes engine speed and divides it by vehicle speed, which normally gives a N/V number - but it doesn't do it properly. According to Prosa (the OEM for DDA), this was by request from Ducati because not all bikes have a digital gear sensor - which seems idiotic since my 2000 Ford has a digital gear sensor.

I like it for recording a trip and seeing what I was doing, but it will not pull codes or reset the service light.

These aren't the droids you're looking for
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: