Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 25, 2024, 06:10:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1199 Photo leak!  (Read 82203 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2011, 06:26:11 PM »

Keep in mind that many dealers had trouble sellin a 1098R at 40k. It took at least 6 mos for the local shop to sell theirs, and I think they got 33-34 for it. A 55k sbk is gonna be a tough sell. Most markets aren't Dallas  Wink

Fixed it for you.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2011, 06:45:55 PM »

what the hell is that on the bottom of the case???

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2011, 06:52:17 PM »

It's a feature.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »

It's a feature.

so's the pimples on my ass, but what's that on the bottom of the case??!!

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2011, 07:54:26 PM »

It looks like an exhaust manifold.

Really, what the hell is it?

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

Raux
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2011, 10:17:44 PM »

Early deep sump
The Architect

« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2011, 03:19:29 AM »

Since Ducati has eliminated most of the leaking oil issues many have complained the bike lacks character.  So Ducati added 3 unnecessary gaskets for future (after warranty) character.    Wink

Probably for use during the construction process?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:59:29 AM by The Architect » Logged

toudg

« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2011, 04:40:04 AM »

You think that's what he's going to annonce ?  Troy Bayliss's teasing speech
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2011, 04:40:49 AM »

Early deep sump

i thought it might be that, but the design doesn't look like it maximizes the space to hold oil -- plus it's not on center which means the oil will not circulate well.  it will definitely fill with oil though.  if they were going to make a deep sump the proper way to do it would be to mount it towards the center and run the oil pickup to the bottom of it. 

It looks like an exhaust manifold.

Really, what the hell is it?

yeah, it does, but it isn't. 

muskrat

« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2011, 05:40:30 AM »

the price scares me.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
danaid

« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »

what the hell is that on the bottom of the case???

Dry sump collector?

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »

Dry sump collector?
Its a regular case though with the same filter and pickup.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2011, 07:17:29 AM »

How do you know that? I think it's more likely the 1098 concept came about after it was apparent that the 999 wasn't selling well due to price/styling. Terblanche was still head of design months after the 999 came out, and he had no involvement in the 1098. My guess is serious work started on the 1098 in early 2005...near the time TPG was selling. They may have had a part, but I don't think the bike can be attributed to them.

del Torchio said it takes 5-6 years for a new design to come to the market.

Triple J
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2011, 08:25:53 AM »

Signore del Torchio has stated that it takes 3-4 years for a bike design to be complete.  TPG definitely had a hand in the 1098.

del Torchio said it takes 5-6 years for a new design to come to the market.

1) Is there an echo in here?

2) Did he say 3-4 or 5-6??  Grin
tankerbutt

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2011, 08:48:51 AM »

laughingdp
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: