Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 11:47:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Touch-up Paint?  (Read 583 times)
Queestce

Rocket Riding Rotary Renegade

« on: July 02, 2011, 06:38:49 PM »

Hey everyone,

I was out riding this morning, following a lead rider, and copping abuse from rocks flicking up. Usually I ride alone, or with nothing in-front so I don't have to worry about that. Anyway I got home and had a look at the bike, got a bloody chip on the front "windscreen". It's only very minor but enough to be upsetting Wink  Either way it got me thinking, perhaps I should bite the bullet and invest in a Stripe Kit and then a full 3m Protection Kit. I have been slowly wearing through the clearcoat on the tank where my jacket rubs too. In general the paint is pretty much perfect, it just has a few little nicks (example pics attached below) here and there. I was wondering if anyone has tried to touch up these little marks on their bike? It seems like this should be a match for my Red 06 M620...

http://www.colorrite.com/product/ducati-red-2081.cfm

I was thinking perhaps I would just buy a paint pen, touch up the little nicks, then put the stripe/3m protection over the top of everything and hopefully have immaculate and protected paint... I have never used touch up paint on a vehicle before though, how does it work without a new clearcoat? Will it blend in 100% with the paint around it? The scratches are small enough that the texture should be fine, I just wonder about the colour finish... Will it work on plastic like the screen and cowl just like the tank? Here's a couple of pics of the kinds of thing I want to cover...

Cheers for any help!

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: