Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:36:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying from South Seas - any advice?  (Read 2066 times)
Shieldze1025

« on: July 25, 2011, 10:58:52 AM »

Hey guys,

I plan on picking up a bike at south seas in the next few weeks (probably going to order it today, talked to them last week about it already).  Has anyone bought from them?  Any advice on their process?

When I spoke to the one guy he seemed pretty stiff on his price, how are they with negotiating? 

Thanks in advance guys, look forward to meeting some of you.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:00:16 PM »

What are you buying?   Since you are posting here, I presume it's a Ducati...don't know about the other makes they sell, but they don't negotiate much on Ducs.  They'll tell you that Ducati won't let them discount the bikes.

I wanted to order a red Streetfighter, but they insisted that they had to sell the white one in the showroom before they could get another...after a couple of days they told me that I could order a red one, but they would have to lie to Ducati North America and tell them the white one had been sold...then they added that if DNA found out that the white one hadn't been sold, that DNA might divert the red one to another dealership that moved more bikes, blah, blah.

I didn't want to wait for a special order anyways, so I just paid the asking price and they threw in a couple of hundred $$$ worth of merchandise from the store...the bike has it's quirks, but I love it.

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Shieldze1025

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 03:16:08 PM »

What are you buying?   Since you are posting here, I presume it's a Ducati...don't know about the other makes they sell, but they don't negotiate much on Ducs.  They'll tell you that Ducati won't let them discount the bikes.

I wanted to order a red Streetfighter, but they insisted that they had to sell the white one in the showroom before they could get another...after a couple of days they told me that I could order a red one, but they would have to lie to Ducati North America and tell them the white one had been sold...then they added that if DNA found out that the white one hadn't been sold, that DNA might divert the red one to another dealership that moved more bikes, blah, blah.

I didn't want to wait for a special order anyways, so I just paid the asking price and they threw in a couple of hundred $$$ worth of merchandise from the store...the bike has it's quirks, but I love it.

Yea I'll be getting a Duc.  Thanks for the response man, that's pretty much what I was wondering.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »

It's just like buying a car...after you strike your deal you'll go in to see the finance guy, he'll get real buddy-buddy with you and then try to sell you the wheel warranty, some kind of guaranteed insurance payout if your bike is totalled/stolen, the extended warranty and possibly a service plan...everything but bodyside moldings, rustproofing and paint sealant...I waited until I was 23 months into the warranty and was sure I was going to keep the bike when I bought the Ducati extended warranty, 3 years for $800...have fun... Grin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:16:36 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Shieldze1025

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »

Gave up on the quest for a used one?  Plenty used ducs have come across CL since you posted about used.  Ducs of all shapes & sizes.

Yea I know... I saw the 696 but he wanted 8500, at the price I'm just gonna buy new for the extra 1500 including all the fees/taxes.  I have just fallen in love with the newer ones and don't think I'd be happy with an older one.

Still looking though, if the right thing pops up ya never know.  I got my license now so I can finally buy new if I decide to.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: