Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 11:43:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Price on 6k service for a 2-valve?  (Read 5458 times)
Manny

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« on: June 17, 2008, 07:53:09 PM »

Just doing some price checking. What would you guys expect to pay for such a service, for example on my new multistrada? It's an '06 1000ds motor.

BTW, also looking for names for it. None have appeared to me so far.
bucky

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »

Bunny?Huh? popcorn
Buzzy

Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 09:33:06 PM »

Just doing some price checking. What would you guys expect to pay for such a service, for example on my new multistrada? It's an '06 1000ds motor.

You could use one of these?:

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/thundergods.htm

Smiley

Midnight bugs taste best.  ~Author Unknown
Manny

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:02:12 PM »

Hmmm... that's a little close to "Morning Thunder" for me to be entirely comfortable with it...  laughingdp

What are you doing up, anyhow? Go to sleep. Don't you have a job and responsibilities and stuff?  Wink

Honestly, I kinda like Indra...
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 04:52:58 AM »

Just take it to BMS and pay what they charge.  It'll be worth it.  I know they have upped their prices a little over the last couple years (since all these yahoos found out how good they were & all...), but the 6k on the SS ( Cry) was @ $600, if I remember right.

What's the old saying...  "If you have to ask..."  Grin

BTW, I like the new avitar.  waytogo  It's you!  Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
bucky

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 07:40:21 AM »

Ok how about one of these:

Cocijo or Dongo or Guntur or maybe Tesup or Raja Indainda or lastly Ouxouiga!!!!

There all gods of Thunder!!!  So go for it:)
psicorp

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:28:26 AM »

I say Jesus, wait maybe Flying Spaghetti Monster would be more appropriate.  Oh you don't have a monster, well then just Jesus.  Evil

http://www.venganza.org/

2000 748s
Manny

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 02:32:20 PM »

Just take it to BMS and pay what they charge.  It'll be worth it.  I know they have upped their prices a little over the last couple years (since all these yahoos found out how good they were & all...), but the 6k on the SS ( Cry) was @ $600, if I remember right.

They picked up my bike this morning. Going for the 6k and to get it fixed after my little get-off Wednesday night.  bang head

Always wear your gear, kids! Even for short rides around town. I was in jacket, helmet, boots, gloves, and good jeans. As I was sliding on my left side down Alameda (less than a mile from my place) I found myself infinitely thankful for the dead cow and fancy space-age foam products I was wearing. It didn't even get scuffed up!  waytogo
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 03:17:26 PM »

They picked up my bike this morning. Going for the 6k and to get it fixed after my little get-off Wednesday night.  bang head

what happened?

Manny

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 06:56:42 PM »

Was going slow in the right lane preparing to find a place to turn around (actively looking around, which means probably weaving a bit) when BAM! a car shifted into my lane and nailed my front wheel (She cut me off and I think she thought I was going to turn into an alley or something). Bike hit the deck  Cry followed by yours truly.

Lessons learned: stay firmly in your lane and telegraph your presence and intentions, remember that your bike follows your head, always wear gear.
Stella

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 09:00:15 PM »

what?!  so would you consider this good karma? or bad karma?  either way - just check your coat at the door - k?  Oh and most importantly: glad you're ok!!  sheesh!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 09:02:32 PM by Stella » Logged

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 05:36:52 AM »

As this guy says...

Dual Sports are made to fall over.

Sorry to hear that.  Glad you ok.

How bad is the bike?

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 10:48:07 AM »

Was going slow in the right lane preparing to find a place to turn around (actively looking around, which means probably weaving a bit) when BAM! a car shifted into my lane and nailed my front wheel (She cut me off and I think she thought I was going to turn into an alley or something). Bike hit the deck  Cry followed by yours truly.

Lessons learned: stay firmly in your lane and telegraph your presence and intentions, remember that your bike follows your head, always wear gear.

Crap.

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
Munch

Monster S4R - Munchstrada 1100S - 749R

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 11:40:44 AM »

On the MTS??? Craptacular! Hope she's ok! Sounds like you are, but I'm more worried about the bike!!!
Manny

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »

If you have frame sliders wreckers, get rid of them!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: