Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 12:42:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Summer Jacket  (Read 2572 times)
620dark

« on: August 03, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »

Hi All,

I've got two Rocket (leather and mesh) however I am planning on using the bike as my only form of transport and have to wear a suit to work so putting a leather jacket on over this in a QLD summer would be unbearable.

Having never lived in this part of the world and used a bike as a daily commute, in your opinion what jacket would offer the best protection and be the coolest ?

The only way to predict the future is to invent it.
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:10:13 AM »

Very hard question to answer. You have a few things to consider.
Brand
Price
Style
Comfort

It's kind of like the helmet question,  everyone is different in what they like and what they like to wear.

I have recently been enjoying my Rev-it synthetic jacket and pants. It has zip in/out thermal and rain liners. Once all are out it is very light and easy to wear but I think in 35-40c it would still be pretty warm.

You might want to consider a full mesh jacket but then it wont do anything should you get caught out.

Twizted

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 12:57:05 AM »

I use a Dri Rider mesh jacket for the QLD summers. The one I purchased had a zip out winter liner and a zip out rain liner. Cost around $300. It is very well ventilated jacket and I would recommend you at least checking them out.
620dark

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:16:05 AM »

After a spot of Google I think all mesh is the way to go - Main use is going to be the commute which is pretty short, 15 minutes either way and its not too stop start so if it looks like a down poor I can use one of the Joe Rocket's that is water proof. 

Sydney had a few massive superstores that between them pretty much stocked everything, I cant anything similar up this way. Where is the best place(s) to go in Brissy? 

dan_t

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 03:33:55 AM »

Hi, I've got the RJay's all season one, like the Dri Rider and others, it's around the $300 mark and a great jacket, essentially three in one with zip out waterproof & thermal liners.

There's a kind of superstore on Moss st at slacks creek that could be worth checking out, number 76 Moss st I think. Called something like Motorcycle Accessories Megamart.
Other than that, there's only one more that I know of & its at Yatala, south of Brisbane.

AMA Warehouse http://www.amawarehouse.com.au/

Good luck  waytogo

'08 S4rs;
Termis, DP C/F Short Tail, DP C/F Rear Hugger, Custom hand-made seat, Matris Steering damper, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rizoma Dynamic mirrors, EVR Ventilated Pressure Plate, EVR Open Clutch Cover, SpeedyMoto Stainless Springs Kit, EVR Clutch Slave Cylinder, EVR Front Sprocket Cover, Evotech Performance Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards, Rizoma CT027R, CT017R & CT015R red fluid reservoirs, Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs, Oberon Racing Pegs, C/F Fairing stays, Oggy Knobs, ZG tinted Screen
monstermick58

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 03:43:05 AM »

+1 on the Dri-Rider

They have been around long enough and have a pretty good reputation to decent gear at reasonable prices.

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
iRam

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 06:30:05 PM »

The dainese air flux is my go to jacket for HOT days. Its pretty light, its like your riding with just a shirt on.

Ducati Monster 796
BMW R nineT
Justo

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:56:40 PM »

I use a Dri Rider mesh jacket for the QLD summers. The one I purchased had a zip out winter liner and a zip out rain liner. Cost around $300. It is very well ventilated jacket and I would recommend you at least checking them out.

me too on the DriRider. great universal, everyday jacket. Rain hail or heat (though its drier when the inner lining is zipped in  Undecided ).
 And for the price you dont need to care too much about it.

09 Black Ducati 696
Tikfd6

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 03:58:23 AM »

I live in Townsville and have just got myself an Alpinestars T-GP Plus, textile jacket.
It comes with a rain liner which is good for the cool mornings at the moment.
Take the liner out and it has alot of mesh for flow through.
Great Jacket for anyone up north.
Oh and i wear a shirt and tie every day.

Cheers
Kerry

2011 Monster 659
StephenC

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 11:49:43 PM »

I've got a Rev'It Ignition.  It's leather and textile/mesh, with rain and warmth liners.  When wearing just the jacket it is fantastic, as long as you are moving.  At the lights (or stuck at the Swansea bridge) it can still get pretty stuffy.  I'm using it now with both liners and, as long as I wear a light jumper underneath, it is fine for the tail end of winer.  I don't think it would go over a suit, but you could wear it over a shirt.  Do you have the ability to leave the suit jacket at work? That is what I do with my work shoes, so I don't have to carry them back and forth and can wear proper boots on the bike.

Ducati Monster 1100S (2009)
620dark

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 02:24:33 AM »

I normally leave my jacket and shoes at work and wear boots, jacket and gloves on the ride in.  Both jackets are pretty good when moving but the same deal when i'm stopped at lights I just start leaking...

Tikfd6

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 02:51:54 AM »

I can say about the AlpineStars jacket in the real humid heat yet, but i rode around for about an hour the other day when it was 29, with my long sleeve work shirt on and it was ok.
The lower part of the jacket is mostly mesh.

Cheers
Kerry

2011 Monster 659
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: