Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 07:52:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commuting & Parking into Boston downtown  (Read 3390 times)
AMITFERN

« on: August 26, 2011, 05:19:47 AM »

Hi fellow NEMHA members, I have been regularly commuting and parking in Boston downtown/financial district this summer... and to say the least it is pain in the butt getting a parking spot that is risk free from being tagged... any of you that ride into work downtown willing to share your closely guarded parking tips and secrets???
avizpls
TECH

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 05:25:27 AM »

Will it fit thru the door at the office?

worked for me!

randomgti

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 08:18:10 PM »

I've yet to park there, but I always see a bunch of bikes parked near north station, up on the grass next to the brick wall.
bevel
She called it a

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:05:26 PM »

On the other side of the river, the cops would rather have bikes and scooters up on the sidewalk (out of pedestrian traffic) instead of taking up a parking spot. Not sure if Boston PD proper also turns a blind eye to this, or what.

For the two summers that I commuted in on the bike, I'd be parked on a sidewalk somewhere near the office. Our local garage actually had a sign forbidding bikes. There was always tons of space around the Cambridgeside Galleria, and easy to spot other moto-friendly spaces in other sections of Cambridge.

2003 SV650
Eventually I'll have a Ducati
faolan01

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:16:33 AM »

In the past you could get away with parking a bike in the open space behind One Financial (across from South Station) for at least part of the summer, but without fail there will be some cager who starts calling parking enforcement demanding to know why the bikes are allowed to park there when he/she isn't allowed to drive their car up onto the sidewalk to park there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: