Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:45:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That was weird object in the middle of the road while riding  (Read 22397 times)
Mike Qube

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 07:25:04 AM »

Had about a 40 lb snapping turtle in my lane yesterday.  No room for him in the backpack though.  They are good eats!

There was a huge one on RT 6 on Cape Cod in Mass last year, it was in the right lane. We stopped and got it out of the road. Those suckers are pretty strong.
bevel
She called it a

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »

Snowstorm, wife's driving the car, we cruise by a fire truck with lights and sirens on the highway.

"Hmm...where's he going?"

Pickup truck in front of us swerves into the left lane giving my wife hardly any time to recognize a 3-car pile up in the middle lane. The closest vehicle is a Jeep Cherokee that was spun around and lights/4-ways off.

Wife cuts left, but also applies the brakes, and we skid and slam passenger corner to passenger corner at about 25 mph.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:51:52 PM by bevel » Logged

2003 SV650
Eventually I'll have a Ducati
talljoker

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »

I have to say I was in our Ford Excursion with deer slayers when I saw a great dane yes somebody's dog that had got hit and was in the middle of median. It started to limp into 95...yeah lets just say I was pulling dog meat out of my truck for about a 1 week. Fluffie went kaaaaaabooom...I felt bad b/c I looked for a collar and later found it underneath the body wrapped up in a body panel...I called them and told them what happened and the husband was happy b/c he didn't like the dog...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 05:55:51 PM »

(BTW, I looked over Ben's car just to make sure it wasn't him) 

Grin

Stalker!

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 05:58:10 AM »

Not on bike, thankfully, but two car in front of me hit a deer at 60 mph on a highway.  Me and the other car had to emergency swerve to avoid carcass and debris.

On bike: they decided to resurface the Westside Hwy in stages.  All of a sudden, I was riding on the middle lane on grated concrete with the two outer lanes ~3 inches higher since they still had asphalt...kept repeating to myself...please don't let me have to change lanes...please don't let me have to change lanes...please don't let me have to change lanes since I was guaranteed to high-side if I was forced to change lanes.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:01:16 AM by CDawg » Logged
DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »

Driving with my wife in Tobago and there was a buck naked Rasta walking down the middle of the street. He had a couple of women shouting at him in town. Must of had an interesting morning!  cheeky

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 08:15:09 PM »

Driving with my wife in Tobago and there was a buck naked Rasta walking down the middle of the street. He had a couple of women shouting at him in town. Must of had an interesting morning!  cheeky

lol! 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Mike Qube

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 12:39:41 PM »

About a month ago i was riding up 95 n in Foxboro MA and came upon a washing machine in the center lane. I avoided it and then a few miles up the road I saw a pickup truck overpacked with furniture and moving stuff with a washing machine size space free in the back of it.
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 04:08:27 PM »

Told'm?

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 11:39:10 PM »

About a month ago i was riding up 95 n in Foxboro MA and came upon a washing machine in the center lane. I avoided it and then a few miles up the road I saw a pickup truck overpacked with furniture and moving stuff with a washing machine size space free in the back of it.

Anytime I see a pickup truck with work tools,  ladders and cargo type of deal, I stay clear of them on other lanes and speed past.  I do not trust the way people tie their cargo and have heard horror stories.

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 11:17:17 PM »

NM drivers are notorious for not even attempting to tie down stuff in the back of their pickups. I had a ladder fall out of a truck that I was behind for only a second. No chance to miss it, ended up eating asphalt at 75mph. I've seen mattresses just thrown in the bed of a pickup end up catching wind and flying ten feet in the air in the middle of the road. I was with a group that time, and we were right next to him when that happened. I've seen plenty of mattresses and Christmas trees just lying in the middle of the road, and on one occasion a whole couch.
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 05:34:53 AM »

Sheesh, glade I made it safe through nm on the trip to az..  lol ridiculous

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 04:41:50 PM »

Couple of weeks ago, riding about 45 approach a light and I hear a loud noise.  Next lane a u-haul truck has all kinds of shit falling off.  Apparently it was not locked properly and rolled up.  Stupid cager comes out laughing.  Idiot !

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
dark_duc

2008 S4RS Tricolore

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »

One day on a viaduct with no shoulder, I rounded a corner to see a clothes dryer cardboard box in the middle of my lane   Shocked

Luckily the guy next to me saw it and slowed to let me merge.
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 01:09:26 PM »

101fwy southbound near the 405 interchange back in 2008:

An entire 4x4 transfer case not in the middle of the road per-se, but close-enough.  I avoided it...  But not by much.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: