Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 11:12:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Track Day/Race Day Weekend  (Read 3667 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« on: September 08, 2011, 09:37:23 AM »

All,

This weekend will be a combination track day Saturday and race day Sunday.  So.....

If you want to do a track day, here's your chance.  Tickets are still available both through the sponsor (HD Santa Fe) and via the SMRI website (at a higher price...so buy through HDSF if you can).

You can also come out Sunday and cheer for Ed on his magical SR500.  I also anticipate racing this weekend if that means anything to ya.

Now for the begging....we're short corner marshals for the race day, so if you have any interest at all in participating as a corner marshal we'll pay you $50 to sit in the sun (or partial shade....bring an umbrella) and watch the races from the best seat in the house.  We're three people short at this point in time, so I can take as many as four.  (We also need someone at the gate, which pays the same $50, but you can't even see the track from there so it kinda sucks in my estimation)

Season's almost over!!!

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »

Scott,
Sorry for not making it out to the 4/14 and 4/15 events.
Would you mind giving us an update on how things went and what we missed.
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 05:49:05 AM »

Reviving an old thread...

On October 26th, last Saturday, US Desmo club out East organized the Roebling Road Raceway European bike track day event. I participated on Saturday...Here's a report:

My experience was amazing, it was so much worth the wait and anticipation! The track was very professional and frankly I was a bit worried looking at the first group riding through straights around and over 160mph! I was also asked to change all my antifreeze to water at technical inspection which was a bummer, but one neighboring couple were too kind to help! I passed and requested to ride the novice group first to learn the track rhythm and after 2 laps started to open the throttle. I then did the intermediate group through the day reaching my goal of covering the 2 mile track under one and half minute, my best lap being 1’29”900. The Ducati data analyzer gave me a good feel of track performance. I survived the fitness test and kept it conservative down the straight braking early into turn 1, though reaching a consistent 157mph down the straight each lap. I had to watch the lights on my dash to change gears near the start finish on the straight as the bike hit the rev limiter each time! I had my blood running full speed and adrenaline at max for about 3hrs after the end of the day and I went through 4 vitamin waters and about 8 or 10 bottled waters! Still happy sore! The track was absolutely fantastic in terms of traction and smoothness. On the Sandia track, I was on my tire limits (Pilot Powers), mostly losing traction due to front and rear slides, out here the tire stayed planted, it was mostly me leaving room, way more than I should, basically chicken out down that damn long straight! The Dunlop Sportmax Q3's (~$300) were phenomenal, please consider this on your next tire shopping...I think they are 70% track 30% street, but will work well for Crest type riding! I can’t wait to improve my lap time and do Jennings GP track next which is south of here. Pics & videos below:

Videos:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:02:16 AM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 08:17:45 AM »

I LOVE Roebling Road!

The old joke amongst the racers, JJ, is to use Jesus as your brake marker into turn one.  Don't touch the brake lever until you see Jesus!   laughingdp  It's a REALLY fast track ridden well.  Under 1:30 for a track day is doing the business in my book.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Mundman

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »

Scott now that's funny. Don't rouxh the brake until you see Jesus! Lol

'12 Ducati 1199 tri
'10 KTM 990 SuperMoto 990
'02 HD Heritage Springer