Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:53:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First track day  (Read 3551 times)
darkduke

'07 S4rs

« on: June 19, 2008, 06:00:12 AM »

I went to my first track night last night and all I can say is WOW. It was an absolute blast! Everyone was friendly and courteous. And as Brad put it I am now hooked on the "crack"

I really learned a lot from the instructors and now I know what it feels like to really heat up and rough up the edges of my tires. It's really fun to see just how well your tires can hang onto the pavement with the right techniques. And my straight away speed on the S4rs was wicked. Coming out of the chute onto the straight was a real rush, especially trying hold down the front of the bike in the first few gears  Grin And those guys and girls in the racers group were fast and fun to watch.

So I want to say a big thank you to Brad and his team from BGPR schools here in Calgary and I definitely recommend it to anyone in the area that is thinking of coming out.

-ZG Windscreen - Pazzo Levers - CRG Lanesplitters - Arrow Steering Damper - Retro Tank Logos - Tail Chop - Speedymoto Clutch Cover, Springs, Caps, DP Carbon Rear Hugger, DP ECU & Open Airbox with Chopped Titanium Arrows
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:55:15 AM »

track days - good waytogo

Glad you enjoyed it... Any photos?

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
darkduke

'07 S4rs

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »

I'll try to post some soon, my buddy's wife took some so I'm waiting for an email from him.

-ZG Windscreen - Pazzo Levers - CRG Lanesplitters - Arrow Steering Damper - Retro Tank Logos - Tail Chop - Speedymoto Clutch Cover, Springs, Caps, DP Carbon Rear Hugger, DP ECU & Open Airbox with Chopped Titanium Arrows
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »

Congrats, glad you enjoyed it. waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
clubhousemotorsports

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 06:00:45 PM »

And the sickness begins! Evil

And then come mods for the track
 and then a track bike
and trips around the countryside to try new tracks

next thing you now you are a racer
darkduke

'07 S4rs

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »

ha ha, i wish i had the funds for such an adventure. i keep going out into the garage and looking at my well scrubbed tires  Grin

MotoPsycho
General Nuisance and a

My Dream, my rules !

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 09:23:08 PM »

I loved the rush I got the first time I saw my front tire after getting it good and hot. Knowing I put all of those dinglberries all over the edges of the tire makes it worth the expense  waytogo

Edgar: '99 M750 - 2009 Indy Ducati Rat Bike Award Winner
darkduke

'07 S4rs

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »

JDS 07 S4Rs

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 11:56:46 PM »

Calgary track !!! ,,, that has a huge straight away. What kind of speed were U getting at the end? I heard the track is in ruff shape !!

Also heard that its in its last yrs. The lease is running out.  Hopefully someone builds another close by.

Oh frick. Calgary is only 2.5 Hrs away. Ducvet may be right .

They R having Rd 3 of the EMRA on Sun at the Strato-Tec in FT Sask this weekend. Weather is suppose to be nice. Bring your S4Rs up for a tour.

2007 S4RS
2007 1098S Salvage Title (that's it. NO MORE BIKES)
02 GSXR 750 Trackbike - Ins Write/off
06 ZX636R Trackbike  - Ins Write-off (I couldnt help it, the price was right)
2003 BMW 1150R
2004 450 YZ
&,,, a few others :-)
darkduke

'07 S4rs

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 05:28:33 AM »

By the end of the straight I was getting over 260kmph Grin

Yeah, it has a few rough spot's from frost heaves. Never been to Ft.Sask tho.

If you're ever coming through Calgary let me know, I'd like to have a look at that machine of yours  waytogo

Grio

Erzulie

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 08:08:57 AM »

Grubby kind a "talk dirty", don't he?

What are these night time track rides?  Sounds crazy to me...when do you ever get to drink beer?

Little Biscuits!
sh

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 08:39:28 AM »

Just be careful next time.  My first track day was awesome.  My second track day resulted in a crash.   bang head

I know others who experienced this same pattern, so have fun but remember there are limits and you have lots of time to get fast.  Have fun!

2005 749 Dark
2004 Monster 620ie (sold)
1992 900 SS
JDS 07 S4Rs

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »

Just be careful next time.  My first track day was awesome.  My second track day resulted in a crash.   bang head

I know others who experienced this same pattern, so have fun but remember there are limits and you have lots of time to get fast.  Have fun!

Good advice,, probably holds true for the 3rd track day as well (which may be tomorrow night)

After the trackday (night)  drink  Grin

2007 S4RS
2007 1098S Salvage Title (that's it. NO MORE BIKES)
02 GSXR 750 Trackbike - Ins Write/off
06 ZX636R Trackbike  - Ins Write-off (I couldnt help it, the price was right)
2003 BMW 1150R
2004 450 YZ
&,,, a few others :-)
darkduke

'07 S4rs

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 05:34:21 AM »

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind. I'm going out more for the fun and the experience of being on the track and riding within my limits anyway. My "doesn't feel right = slow down" switch works really well.  Smiley

mihama01

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 03:55:14 PM »

Just be careful next time.  My first track day was awesome.  My second track day resulted in a crash.

+1 on that, when confidence exceeds abilities, the most dangerous time  Grin. Has happened around here to a few people at various times, myself included.

Red S4Rs, Tokyo
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: