Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 27, 2024, 10:28:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power tool to clean shower stall scum?  (Read 4843 times)
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »

Yes!  They thrived!

There's a bottom feeder/thriving off scum/lawyer joke in there somewhere.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 09:39:23 AM »

We have a large shower with "tumbled" marble tiles on the floor and walls and half of the shower is a glass wall and glass door. Well, it's not really a shower as much as it is a collection point for all things soap scum. bang head It's a constant effort to keep it semi clean. I use Softscrub liquid gel, a two sided sponge with one side like a Scotch Brite pad the other side normal sponge and a stiff bristle brush about the size of my palm. I use the Scotch Brite-type side of the sponge on the interior glass wall and door and the brush and sponge on the tiles and grout. It's a pain and a constant maintenance issue. Maybe we should bathe less... or get a bucket of snails. waytogo

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »

There's a bottom feeder/thriving off scum/lawyer joke in there somewhere.

i was in college dude...  engineering student and experimentalist.  didn't do law school until much later.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 09:41:32 AM »

We have a large shower with "tumbled" marble tiles on the floor and walls and half of the shower is a glass wall and glass door. Well, it's not really a shower as much as it is a collection point for all things soap scum. bang head It's a constant effort to keep it semi clean. I use Softscrub liquid gel, a two sided sponge with one side like a Scotch Brite pad the other side normal sponge and a stiff bristle brush about the size of my palm. I use the Scotch Brite-type side of the sponge on the interior glass wall and door and the brush and sponge on the tiles and grout. It's a pain and a constant maintenance issue. Maybe we should bathe less... or get a bucket of snails. waytogo

clean it, dry it out for a few days and then seal it.  you would be surprised how different it behaves.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 09:42:06 AM »

A small dehumidifier will do wonders for prevent spore growth. Less moisture = less growth = less work to keep it clean.

I don't how well they work on lawyers.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 09:49:41 AM »

clean it, dry it out for a few days and then seal it.  you would be surprised how different it behaves.

You're right there. waytogo I need to reseal the shower, bath and kitchen counter tops for sure. It's been a few years. The guy who remodeled our house before we bought it had a mad on for tumbled marble tiles. bang head Doing the showers and bath counter tops is one thing. Having that same shit for kitchen counter tops was a huge tactical error. Tongue Not the kind of surface you want to work off of in a kitchen. We have big glass and clear plastic cutting boards everywhere. I have nighmares of spilled spaghetti sauce and a permanent stain the size of the sink! If I ever do one mod to this house it would be to ditch the tile kitchen top and go with something (anything!!) else.

In the mean time I need to get off my ass, clean it all up and reseal. 

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 09:53:03 AM »

A small dehumidifier will do wonders for prevent spore growth.  I don't how well they work on lawyers.

depends on how it is applied.....blunt force trauma can do wonders sometimes!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »

y'all are so nice and then sometimes so mean!

fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 10:00:33 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 11:36:44 AM »

y'all are so nice and then sometimes so mean!

sometimes the truth hurts....like a hammer to the head...

btw...I have a Hammer named "Truth" !!!

LOL....J/K

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »

I remember seeing an infomercial on power steamers cleaning bathroom scum.  This isn't the exact same tool, but comparable.

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »

Gotta speak to the wife about some pet slugs. 
WarrenJ

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »

Time for a call to the ASPCS (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Snails (or slugs)).  Its for your own good really.  Course if were escargo snails and you could harvest them...... Lips Sealed

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 07:12:55 PM »

She said no Sad
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »

She said no Sad

but they're so cute!!

"Please, Sir, more mold and mildew?"

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: