Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 04:13:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a fire pit...  (Read 5354 times)
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 12:44:53 PM »

Not sure if I need to use fire-brick in the bottom of it.  Plan on "breaking it in" this coming weekend.  Anyone here is invited down, wife/kids out of town for the entire week....

I would plan on doing so just to be on the safe side. That concrete base is likely to have a decent amount of water left in it. Last thing you want to do is get the family all gathered around and then start flinging hot concrete chips at them. Fun tho that would be.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
MendoDave
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 04:59:52 AM »

I used 17 80# bags of quick crete, some re-bar, to make the base.  It's ~7.5' in diameter.

I used/recycled castle-wall stone that was local and unused/abandoned for years.  I bought a bag of mortar and some cap stones to make this:

It's "great dane" approved Cheesy

I used ~80 of the blocks, 17 of the capstones, a large bag of mortar, and 17 80# bags of quick-crete.  Cost was around $75 as I had most of the stone for free.  Would have been ~$125 to buy it all (estimate).  It's large enough to burn a pallet easily, so I anticipate lighting a bunch of things on fire  drink

Not sure if I need to use fire-brick in the bottom of it.  Plan on "breaking it in" this coming weekend.  Anyone here is invited down, wife/kids out of town for the entire week....

I built mine pretty much like yours only just bare dirt base two rows high and no mortar or rebar. That was 4 or 5 years ago and its just fine. I think I scooped it out once and dumped the ashes in the swamp.
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 06:47:54 AM »

Did I mention my back hurts today?

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 05:46:12 PM »

Did I mention my back hurts today?
laughingdp

sorry...

you just cracked me up. Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: