Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 24, 2024, 04:17:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's happenin', what I have been up to  (Read 808 times)
fouramdesigns

« on: November 14, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »

How have you gents been, hope all is well. Wanted to give you a preview to what I have been up to. Hope to be back on an S4R before long, in the meanwhile, I went balls out with a cafe to itch my S4 build I never had the chance to complete:

Started with this:

And got here:

And then:

Engine/crank rebuilt:

Frame misc parts all pc'd:

Engine painted/assembled:

The whole bike was torn completely down, everything replaced or refurbished. MZB EI, SCR Stage II port, custom seat w/leather inserts, Progressive shocks/springs. Estimated peak rwhp 55, hope to be done by late December.

2001 Monster S4, Termignoni/ECU, DP short air box w/BMC filter, Rizoma Zero's front/back, Cookie tail chop, Rizoma belt covers, Evoluzione slave, CF all over
Silver King

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »

IMHO, this (and suspension) is all that you should have messed with.  It was beautiful to start with. 
fouramdesigns

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:43:18 PM »

I agree. Holed a piston within a week, sold off the pristine parts, traded parts. All I kept was the frame and engine. Long way to go about it, but didn't plan for the piston to hole so soon. Bike will be a beast when complete. I should have repaired the piston and flipped it. I guess I wanted the security to know my engine parts were as close to new as possible. But, the new owner of my parts bike turned out great.

2001 Monster S4, Termignoni/ECU, DP short air box w/BMC filter, Rizoma Zero's front/back, Cookie tail chop, Rizoma belt covers, Evoluzione slave, CF all over
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: