Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 06:23:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawsuit against Ducati  (Read 2907 times)
aerofaze

« on: November 18, 2011, 10:12:14 AM »

Yesterday I got a fair-sized letter about a class action lawsuit filed against Ducati. More information here (including model years affected and options):

http://girardgibbs.com/ducati.asp

Here's why, according to the site:

"In November 2010, Girard Gibbs LLP filed a national class action lawsuit alleging that the plastic fuel tanks on certain Ducati motorcycles are defective because they degrade and deform due to an incompatibility with the motorcycles’ fuel. The suit alleges that this defect leads to a number of unsafe conditions, including destabilizing the fuel tank on the bike’s frame, fuel leaks, and interference with steering. The class action was filed in federal court under the consumer protection statutes of the State of California."

Our options were outlined as follows:

• "If you do nothing, you will remain a Settlement Class Member and receive the extended warranties. You will also give up your right to sue Ducati for fuel tank expansion issues.
  • "You may also comment or object to the settlement, but you must remain a Settlement Class Member to do so. The class notice posted below includes instructions for commenting or objecting.
  • "Or you may ask to be excluded from the Settlement Class. You will not receive the extended warranties but will retain your right to sue Ducati for fuel tank expansion issues. See the class notice for instructions to opt-out of the settlement."[/size]

Anyone else get a letter? Guess I'm just  about it and most likely will go with the first option.
drunkfatguy

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »

yep me too, got the letter.
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 07:47:07 AM »

Got Mine also, hope it actually works out, the tank on My MTS is getting very difficult to remove..

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
SSSprings
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »

Hey all, William here; not soo new to the board as you might think, but somehow I wasn't able to use my old avatar.  I haven't heard anything about this.  What model years are affected?
Smokescreen

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »

And I got my old Avatar back!!! Yay!!!

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
aerofaze

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »

From the website as of Mar 13 2012: "U.S. residents who on September 16, 2011 owned any 2003-2011 Ducati Monster, Multistrada, SportClassic, Streetfighter, Superbike or Hypermotard motorcycle manufactured with a plastic fuel tank received the extended warranty when the Court approved the settlement. Ducati will also honor the extended warranty for people who acquire one of these motorcycles after September 16, 2011, if the new owner accepts the terms of the settlement."

http://www.girardgibbs.com/case/22/ducati/
Smokescreen

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »

mine has some ripples in it, do you think that's included?

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »

Smokescreen,
Took a ride up 24 to Woodland Park on Sunday afternoon (3/11), had a busy weekend so that's all I could do.
Been riding to work whenever it's not like 16 Deg in the am....
I have my son coming from NY this weekend, we are going snowboarding, so I'm out for this weekend.
But...I am up for an after work ride either Wed or Thurs?
I work up off of Interquest Pkwy, and I get off at 4pm, so we could go up either Hwy 105 or 83 to Castle Rock or Sedalia and come back on the opposite side of 25?
Or go up 24 to Woodland Park and out 67 towards Deckers and back?
Let me know what you think, I am mountain biking this evening, but will check this post later if you or anybody else is up for a ride.
MTB427

Look fast ! Ride Faster !
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »

oops, did not mean to post thiat here....duh

Look fast ! Ride Faster !
Smokescreen

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 09:35:26 PM »

Mike,
I'm going to the bike show Saturday, but I was thinking of hitting Montegue's that morning, would love to meet up with some peeps. Responding here caus' you did BTW.  Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: