Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 02:31:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466709 times)
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #975 on: October 15, 2013, 07:31:51 AM »

And if ya gotta ride a scooter!

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #976 on: October 15, 2013, 08:50:39 AM »

Not new to me... but I'd still rock that scooter all day long. It's a sessy scoot!

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
DanTheMan

« Reply #977 on: October 18, 2013, 08:14:50 AM »

full galllery http://derestricted.com/photography/ktm-1290-superduke

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
ChrisK

« Reply #978 on: October 18, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »

So cool. The black paint scheme is so sexy.  bow down

1998 M900
2007 CBR600RR Track Bike
1982 Virago 920 Cafe/Fighter Project
1980 Lambretta Moped
Supra Boats enthusiast

"There is no minimum."  - some guy.
1KDS

« Reply #979 on: October 20, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »

Well... I'm in

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:51:54 PM by 1KDS » Logged

Every bike I've ever owned.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #980 on: October 20, 2013, 05:35:19 PM »

450, 530?

Warp9 wheels?

Nice!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
1KDS

« Reply #981 on: October 20, 2013, 05:55:24 PM »

Good eye, 450 EXC with the sumo kit from Motostrano (Warp9 wheels, sumo fender, bigger front rotor, sprockets etc).  Carb needs a bit a of going through, cold blooded as hell, leaks out the overflow tube (stuck float valve?) but I'm having a blast with it so far.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #982 on: October 20, 2013, 06:04:11 PM »

Good eye, 450 EXC with the sumo kit from Motostrano (Warp9 wheels, sumo fender, bigger front rotor, sprockets etc).  Carb needs a bit a of going through, cold blooded as hell, leaks out the overflow tube (stuck float valve?) but I'm having a blast with it so far.

Its not too hard to pull the carb. Has it been sitting a lot or ridden regularly?

The pilot jet likes to clog up from crappy fuel (run 93) and once they clog its honestly easier to replace it with a new one (about $7.00). I'm now in the habit of draining the float bowl after each ride if it's going to sit more than a few days. I've been on the same pilot for a long time with that method.

Also, if you don't have them already, replace the air bleed screws on the fork tops with the plunger style bleeders. Seals will last a lot longer.

Re: cold bloodedness, what's your fuel screw set at?  Should be 1-2 turns out. Above or below that and you need a different size pilot.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:07:03 PM by Monsterlover » Logged

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
1KDS

« Reply #983 on: October 20, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »

Its not too hard to pull the carb. Has it been sitting a lot or ridden regularly?

It sat a lot, dude had a garage full of bikes, put on maybe 50 miles this year

The pilot jet likes to clog up from crappy fuel (run 93) and once they clog its honestly easier to replace it with a new one (about $7.00). I'm now in the habit of draining the float bowl after each ride if it's going to sit more than a few days. I've been on the same pilot for a long time with that method.

I've always been a fan of 93 (no ethanol in that grade in my area), I'll be running it in this one as well, I've been shutting the fuel petcock off and letting it idle until it dies to run the bowl dry.  I'll try to find a pilot jet for it, maybe a couple and see if that helps.  It sucks buying a fun new bike in October since my riding season is about up.

Also, if you don't have them already, replace the air bleed screws on the fork tops with the plunger style bleeders. Seals will last a lot longer.

It has the plunger style/push button bleeders on it from the original owner (i'm the third).

1KDS

« Reply #984 on: October 20, 2013, 06:14:17 PM »

Re: cold bloodedness, what's your fuel screw set at?  Should be 1-2 turns out. Above or below that and you need a different size pilot.

You know, I haven't checked, it wouldn't surprise me if it had the wrong jet in it, the previous owner was very happy with how the bike runs (he jetted it at some point) but I see definite areas needing improvement.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #985 on: October 20, 2013, 06:26:46 PM »

You know, I haven't checked, it wouldn't surprise me if it had the wrong jet in it, the previous owner was very happy with how the bike runs (he jetted it at some point) but I see definite areas needing improvement.

Might be a good idea to start from a known good combo of pilot/main and go from there.

The original owner of my bike had the dealer remove the emission stuff and jet accordingly. I left it like that save for a slight mod to improve flow through the stock pipe. The bike runs really well with no dead spots and it pulls right to the limiter. Lifts the front with throttle only in first and second.

I'm not a carb expert at all so I've let it alone.

I read somewhere carburetor is French for leave it alone Grin

1KDS

« Reply #986 on: October 20, 2013, 06:36:12 PM »

I read somewhere carburetor is French for leave it alone Grin

Man, that's definitely true, a friend of my co-worker just gave away a Honda 125 because he took the carb off to clean it and could never make it run worth a shit again.  Where have you found the best info on these bikes, adv? thumpertalk?

DanTheMan

« Reply #987 on: October 20, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »

Man, that's definitely true, a friend of my co-worker just gave away a Honda 125 because he took the carb off to clean it and could never make it run worth a shit again.  Where have you found the best info on these bikes, adv? thumpertalk?

thumpertalk, ktmforums probably your best source

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #988 on: October 21, 2013, 01:48:32 AM »

thumpertalk, ktmforums probably your best source

This, adv and mainly, for me, the guys at five star cycle. They know these bikes inside and out. They're happy to advise over the phone too so don't be afraid to call if you're stuck with something.

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #989 on: October 22, 2013, 06:53:47 AM »

StupidDuke 1290R ride review....

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reviews/ktm-1290-super-duke-r-review/

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: