Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 09:08:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 471306 times)
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2012, 10:28:53 AM »

No video yet - but here's a shot of her first day out after all the fussing

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »

Here's another video from yesterday
I was poking along but you can see that it's a fun roller coaster of a road especially if you take into account that the GoPro flattens out hills and straightens corners
Now, Sad Panda, get to putting up a video here. Your bike is prettier than mine.  cheeky

RiverRoadSection1and2.wmv

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »

Video requires a video cam! Which I do not possess Sad

What flavor of tires do you run btw?

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »

Video requires a video cam! Which I do not possess Sad

What flavor of tires do you run btw?
right now Pirelli MT-60Rs of which the rear is now pretty bald
I've got a pile o' parts coming soon which includes knobbies on another set of rims. So then the decision will be, replace the tires on my current rims with the same as they currently have or pure sport rubber?

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »

The 690 duke's have a different* motor. the Enduro and SMC are only 654cc the duke is 690 cc

same motor different cc.

The Duke is a 654 as well, except for this years model.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »

That explains that then.

A local'ish shop quoted me 2 hours labor to flash the ECU. Seems like a lot of time for that. Anyone have this done and care to comment on the hours?

Sounds about right. I did it to my Duke and it didn't help much. Since I had it Dyno tuned with the Bazzaz it made a big difference. Still finicky as make the beast with two backs though.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2012, 04:42:21 AM »

Well, I dropped the cash on getting the cables needed for a DIY mapping.

There's a series of established base maps and a Freeware uploader/tuner. I'm expecting to see the factory map on the bike and can then upload the KTM created Akro map. It won't be 'perfect' but I expect it to run better with the slip-on. The program, TuneECU, also allows one to disable the O2 sensor which has been pegged for the erratic idle, surging and some twitch which I've got. It also allows one to shut down the SAS. I'm quite sure mine's up and running as I was getting some decel popping once I started getting frisky.

Like most tune progs it allows for detailed tweaking - though that's probably best avoided. Though one can adjust the base trim without editing the detailed table and folks report positive results by richening the mix over all just a touch.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »

Cable arrived!

Giggidy

*edit as there's really no need for a new post.
The 690 was running the stock maps - at least the files were label so, and different from the slip-on maps. Only had enough time yesterday to pull the current maps down for archiving. The FI table was pretty fast. the EP took the better part of 30 min to pull off the bike.

So next steps are to upload the Akro maps, then there's the TPS reset and the 15 min idle reset.

*Edit 2
Got the Akro maps uploaded. Boosted the base line by 2% for most of the table and 3% the bottom of the range and throttle under 30% to address teh stalling. Also tweaked the F-L switch per recommendation to address twitchy idle.

Did the 15 min idle reset run and TPS reset.

Too bad it'll be a couple days before I can give it a test.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:22:21 AM by Sad Panda » Logged

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #248 on: March 23, 2012, 06:43:50 AM »

I am the master of techmology!

Finally got a ride in. Though I think a bit more tweaking is in order things have definitely improved. The Akro map upload, adding a couple % to the F-Trim and shutting off the intrusive 02 sensor and stupid SAS have made a positive change. Feels liek to pulls a bit harder - nothing epic but a bit more peppy. The low end herk-jery that's been pegged to the 02 sensor seems to have vanished which makes the bike more pleasant to ride.

Of course it's all rain this weekend so I get no real play time.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2012, 07:15:59 AM »

Rain can be fun Evil

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2012, 07:24:38 AM »

Oh hey, I like me some rain. When I was playing rugby I quite enjoyed a light rain during a match - but I don't really have any good gear for wet stuff or really any adventurey kit - just street gear. So the problem is really getting cold - wet I don't mind much but wet to the skin = cold. Having ridden in leathers 70 miles in a downpour I learned there are few more miserable experiences than being soaked to the skin on a bike.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
justinrhenry
Super

weeeeee!!!

« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2012, 04:53:58 AM »

Oh hey, I like me some rain. When I was playing rugby I quite enjoyed a light rain during a match - but I don't really have any good gear for wet st, ff or really any adventurey kit - just street gear. So the problem is really getting cold - wet I don't mind much but wet to the skin = cold. Having ridden in leathers 70 miles in a downpour I learned there are few more miserable experiences than being soaked to the skin on a bike.

you're right about it being the cold and not the wet.  i've been soaked plenty of times while riding.  as long as it's warm i don't mind.  if the trip is long enough the wind will dry you off before you reach your destination. 

_____
2013 Honda CB1100D
2006 Honda ST1300
2003 Ducati Monster 620ie
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2012, 09:39:43 AM »

Brought home a bunch of parts yesterday

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »

Yee haw!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2012, 10:17:25 AM »

Yee haw!
tank looks to be a direct swap but needs to use the other seat.
I have to modify the other seat slightly as it looks like the Adventure must have had the battery in a different spot and there is a hump under the seat that hits my battery.
The front brake caliper that goes with those other forks looks so little compared to the one on my bike  cheeky
It'll be nice to have the option of running the 21" front too.

So if any one has an Adventure, I have a bunch of parts that I'll probably not need and will just be hanging onto otherwise.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: