Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:16:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466597 times)
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #540 on: September 11, 2012, 05:49:39 PM »

get to work, we want to see results.  Grin

Bleh... The instructions call for planing down the nipples even with the rim. I spent a bunch of time cleaning off rough or uneven bits.  But that was really just taking off burrs and such

But no place near ground down as far as level with the rim... I'm tempted to have a go without.

But really I should run down some 100 and 200 wet/dry and get to it

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
BlackdogGS

« Reply #541 on: September 11, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »

You should try one of these if you have a chance.

I would kill for one of those! 

2010 Ducati Monster 1100S
2010 BMW 1200GS
2011 Yamaha WR250R
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2012, 01:45:26 AM »

I appreciate the fact that you're reading the thread from the start.

However (comma)

That post was from ALMOST 2 years ago.

Not that it isn't warranted (I'd shank a pregnant dog for one of those, too);

Just that you might want to check the date before you "reply."

Woah, there. I'm no math scientist but when you say "almost 2 years" you mean 10 months. Right?

Grin

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #543 on: September 12, 2012, 04:18:14 AM »

Bleh... The instructions call for planing down the nipples even with the rim. I spent a bunch of time cleaning off rough or uneven bits.  But that was really just taking off burrs and such

But no place near ground down as far as level with the rim... I'm tempted to have a go without.

But really I should run down some 100 and 200 wet/dry and get to it

Dremel tool what???

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #544 on: September 12, 2012, 04:18:56 AM »

Reasons I DON'T want an '08 SuperDuke with <6000 miles on it.

And... GO!

because your liscence will stay in tact/valid without it?

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #545 on: September 12, 2012, 04:20:33 AM »

Dremel tool what???

That's what I used to smooth off the rough bits already. It's a bit awkward to get in there, especially on the front wheel. And if I'm trying to level things off a block and corse grit paper might be as fast. Plus I get a workout.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #546 on: September 12, 2012, 05:24:36 AM »

Woah, there. I'm no math scientist but when you say "almost 2 years" you mean 10 months. Right?

Grin

Aaaaahahahaha.

Drunken DMF bites again.

My public apologies, BlackDogGS.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #547 on: September 13, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »

Reasons I DON'T want an '08 SuperDuke with <6000 miles on it.

And... GO!

Because you'd rather buy mine.  /topic.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #548 on: September 13, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »

Wha?

Why would thin the herd like that?!?!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #549 on: September 13, 2012, 06:19:45 PM »

Wha?

Why would thin the herd like that?!?!

The broken bone in my wrist keeps me from getting the bike set up so that I'm comfortable on it for long(ish) rides.  As bass-ackwards as this might sound, clip-ons work much better for me, and the SD isn't terribly clip-on friendly.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #550 on: September 13, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »

Didn't know you had wrist damage.

Rc8r make a good replacement?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #551 on: September 13, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »

Didn't know you had wrist damage.

Years ago, when I was still in Germany. 

Rc8r make a good replacement?

Probably.  And it was very comfy.  But it didn't really do all that much for me.  Thinking the Ape if anything.  Hell, the R1 felt more inspiring than the RC8 did.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #552 on: September 13, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »

R1?  Sad.

How about different bars or risers for the dukie?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »

R1?  Sad.

It's got a great motor!

How about different bars or risers for the dukie?

I'm on the third set right now. 

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #554 on: September 13, 2012, 06:33:13 PM »

Something like those suburban machinery clip on style bars?

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: