Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:29:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466622 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #750 on: April 24, 2013, 06:13:22 PM »

That exhaust is hideous. So's the plate mount out back. Looks like Frank Lloyd Wright came up with that.

Moar orange!

Moar evil!

This needs to be a bike the wolf would ride, not the bike the sheep love.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #751 on: April 24, 2013, 06:38:18 PM »

This needs to be a bike the wolf would ride

This wolf?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #752 on: April 24, 2013, 06:53:43 PM »

Uhhh

No. Not that one

laughingdp

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #753 on: April 24, 2013, 09:19:47 PM »

They ruined it

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #754 on: April 24, 2013, 09:44:55 PM »

They ruined it

This.

What they should have done was made the video with the second bike to get our interest, then worked on releasing the first badass version.

Everyone would be selling their kidneys to get one.

Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #755 on: April 26, 2013, 10:27:54 PM »

This.

What they should have done was made the video with the second bike to get our interest, then worked on releasing the first badass version.

Everyone would be selling their kidneys to get one.

...oh, uh, that's a bad idea? 

oops..  bang head

haha i would definitely sell a kidney or three for the prototype. 

12 M1100EVO
09 KTM 200XC - sold. I cried.
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #756 on: April 27, 2013, 04:55:58 AM »

I had a great evening last night working on both bikes. I did the engine and trans oil on the 450 and changed the oil on the 950 as well. Great to hear the 950 again. Its been on the stands since last fall.

I've been really tempted to buy this air filter kit from a guy on adv. He developed his own filter and mount plate kit and is selling them for $150. I'm not sure I'm ready or willing to dig into the carbs and change basically every jet and setting.

The bike runs perfectly now and gets acceptable mileage, about 40 no matter how I ride it. I'm afraid to loose that.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #757 on: April 27, 2013, 06:45:13 AM »

40?  On the 950?  This cannot be!!  Tell me, what black magic have you been practicing to get such mileage? 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #758 on: April 27, 2013, 07:10:05 AM »

40?  On the 950?  This cannot be!!  Tell me, what black magic have you been practicing to get such mileage? 

Don't know. I was around 32 when I first got the bike (all stock with 500 miles on it)

I have since added FMF pipes and got rid of all the emissions stuff (SAS delete). I remember having my dealer put the bike back together after I put the cans on and did a valve check but I can't remember why. I'm thinking I had them jet it but I couldn't say what jets are in there.

All I know is it runs really well and I like that. No holes in the power band which goes from idle to rev limit Evil

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #759 on: April 29, 2013, 04:42:37 AM »

I had a great evening last night working on both bikes. I did the engine and trans oil on the 450 and changed the oil on the 950 as well. Great to hear the 950 again. Its been on the stands since last fall.

I've been really tempted to buy this air filter kit from a guy on adv. He developed his own filter and mount plate kit and is selling them for $150. I'm not sure I'm ready or willing to dig into the carbs and change basically every jet and setting.

The bike runs perfectly now and gets acceptable mileage, about 40 no matter how I ride it. I'm afraid to loose that.

is this the guy in Australia? kevxtx I think his SN is? he is solid on the shit he has developed and the time to record it all !!!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #760 on: April 29, 2013, 03:03:10 PM »

is this the guy in Australia? kevxtx I think his SN is? he is solid on the shit he has developed and the time to record it all !!!

Nope, this guy

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870579

SPAZ

« Reply #761 on: May 02, 2013, 11:22:13 AM »

Or, how ML will probably lose his license laughingdp

Been wanting something I can take in the woods and then convert to supermoto to tear up the road.

I sold my 999 and bought a 2010 KTM 450exc Champions Edition (factory bling))

Today was the first time I got a chance to ride it. I have zero dirt/off road experience. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUFhNeU7uKk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Man I've wanted a supermote for a long time cause i grew up racing dirt and have had a dirtbike since i was 3. I almost bought a husky 610 full sm race ready. But I rode my buddies and not 5 miles into riding i was doing wheelies and jumpin curbs, which is all just playing around fun on a dirtbike. But then when I saw something fun that looked like a natural kicker withiut even thinking i just ripped off the side of the road and hit it and jumped back on the road and kept going like nothing.... I then realized as long as I have a dirt bike under me I'm going to ride it like one... So I got a monster instead haha they are fun as hell though, enjoy!
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #762 on: May 03, 2013, 08:12:44 AM »

hah that's why I can't own a sumo...it would get me arrested. 

12 M1100EVO
09 KTM 200XC - sold. I cried.
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #763 on: May 03, 2013, 04:36:58 PM »

They really do encourage bad behavior.

Evil

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #764 on: May 04, 2013, 06:32:45 AM »

http://www.advdesigns.com/klimridinggear.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=May42013adv

Closeouts on 2012 klim gear. Just got me some pants for hot weather Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: