Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:18:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466602 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #765 on: May 04, 2013, 06:07:54 PM »

Tomorrow is supermoto day Cheesy

I don't know where I'm going but I'm breaking out the leathers and back protector and shit is gonna get torn up.

Evil

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #766 on: May 04, 2013, 06:12:17 PM »

Tomorrow is supermoto day Cheesy

I don't know where I'm going but I'm breaking out the leathers and back protector and shit is gonna get torn up.

Evil

Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #767 on: May 05, 2013, 09:06:32 AM »

Evil

Lots of that today ^^

Cheesy

That bike is a terror. I'm faster on it in than the 950 in many areas. I swear every time I looked down I was doing 77. Came out of many corners, upshifted then discovered in was already in top gear and there's no 7th gear on the exc's Grin

Did some really tight circles at speed in a parking lot. The thing will approach horizontal and still stick to the ground.

Also experienced my first actual high side Sad

Was screwing around in a grassy area at probably 10 mph and used the rear brake to skid around. The second the bike was 90° to my initial line of travel it caught and fired me into orbit. I just ended up in a knees to my chest sort of roll and was fine.

Or so I thought.

My lower back / hip are F'd. Hopefully I can get into the chiropractor this week.

I guess I'm old now  Undecided

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #768 on: May 05, 2013, 10:31:21 AM »

I picked up oil and filters for mine yesterday.
No time to do the 72 step oil change today  laughingdp
Probably do it next weekend and I also noticed my inspection ran out, 'spose I should do that too.
Or not, it's not like I ride it in such a manner that would attract attention.  Evil

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #769 on: May 05, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »

I haven't had a bike inspected in years Grin

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #770 on: May 05, 2013, 10:33:36 AM »

I haven't had a bike inspected in years Grin
it's ok, you ride very conservatively too  waytogo

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #771 on: May 05, 2013, 11:36:55 AM »

Grin

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #772 on: June 10, 2013, 11:28:42 AM »

Orange at the track

Mr. Fiat R1 decides he wants to muscle me a couple times - so I gotta pass him twice, or was it three times. He finally wised up that he couldn't keep the pace, nor get around the guy on the big kawi, despite his power. He was faster than the green barge, but not enough to actually make it by when someone was on his power strata... But it seems he didn't back off enough as the session ended with him chucking it up the hill leading to the bridge, leaving parts, gas and oil all over. Bike was capital F make the beast with two backsed.

Thumper at Shenny!

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #773 on: June 10, 2013, 02:50:18 PM »

Did I hear a bell cause school's in session Cheesy

Those other guys know there's no speed limit at the track, right?

Are you leg out or knee down?

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #774 on: June 10, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »

Knees. Though there was a guy on an XR650r last year - flogging it for all it was worth foot out. He was a tad nuts though...

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #775 on: June 10, 2013, 03:14:18 PM »

Your knee actually touch down?

I think my 450 would have to be almost horizontal to drag knee.

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #776 on: June 10, 2013, 04:24:16 PM »

Not even stuck out over a curbing. On a port bike or the monster I'm sure I would have.   But too much altitude on the sumo so far

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #777 on: June 10, 2013, 04:25:18 PM »

Altitude.

Yeah. Good way to put it.

Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #778 on: June 10, 2013, 04:26:22 PM »

Your knee actually touch down?

I think my 450 would have to be almost horizontal to drag knee.

it helps to have long legs

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #779 on: June 10, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »

it helps to have long legs

Que the hell?

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: