Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:16:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466598 times)
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1365 on: September 20, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »

That 'no pedals' thing always irks me.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1366 on: September 20, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »

What a day!  I love this track!

I broke my crashing at track days streak and kept my shit together and really learned a lot about the 450 sumo. I always knew it was pretty good but now I can really see just how capable this set up can be.

Who knew 40hp could be so potent!  

I have a ton of pics and video to put up. Maybe tomorrow.

There was a 50cc race at the end of the day with lots of cheating, and earlier a Ferrari, a GT-r and a boat.

That's right.

A boat.

Pig roast at the end of the day was amazing!  New York Safety Track knows how to get it done.

And Corey Alexander is make the beast with two backsing smoking fast!  

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
The Architect

« Reply #1367 on: September 21, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »

There were two locals from my Are there this weekend.  Had I known I would have told them you were there.

Glad to hear you had fun!

Can't wait for the videos.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1368 on: September 21, 2014, 11:44:59 AM »

What were they riding?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
The Architect

« Reply #1369 on: September 21, 2014, 01:09:04 PM »

John has a 748/853 black, blue and yellow.
Scott has a Aprilia SXV and a Grome.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1370 on: September 21, 2014, 01:55:03 PM »

I saw the franken748 and liked it.

I saw a grom but didn't meet the rider.

Groms are pretty cool!

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1371 on: September 21, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »

This was my last session of the day and by far my best.  I was working on being smooth and riding the supermoto line and backing it down a notch to let those things happen.

This was the only session I didn't hang off the bike.  I noticed during class time the bike basically remained centered anytime we watched Corey's videos from our time on track so I gave it a shot.

Way faster and much less fatigue on the body.  I still leaned off but that's about it.  Lean angles remained similar as my toes dragged in all the same spots but it was much easier to just ride smooth and fast.

I really liked it.

A horse power bike the 450 is not and I was only able to hit 97mph at the end of the 2100' straight while coming onto the straight at maybe 50mph (full tuck all the way)

I also started using the rev range more.  Instead of making a 4-5 shift, then back down to 4 trail braking to the next apex I just left it in 4th, reved it to the moon (but never hit the limiter) and then rolled off and worked the brake as needed.

That alone added a bunch of speed.

On track about 4:00 and fire at 18:00

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1372 on: September 25, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »

A few shots from my recent track day...

DanTheMan

« Reply #1373 on: September 25, 2014, 07:31:34 PM »

I think you need a little more black on the bike  cheeky

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1374 on: September 26, 2014, 01:28:37 AM »

Fork tubes and swing arm are on the agenda Grin

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1375 on: September 26, 2014, 08:53:33 AM »

Did I hear you say KTM orange fork tubes Kev?

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1376 on: September 26, 2014, 09:38:07 AM »

Black tubes and orange clamps?

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1377 on: September 26, 2014, 10:35:04 AM »

Black tubes and orange clamps?

Been done... KTM Hard parts trips are orange. Any 690 forks are black... so been done  Grin

Now orange forks... that's new

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1378 on: September 26, 2014, 10:48:13 AM »

I'm listening...

DanTheMan

« Reply #1379 on: October 22, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »

Id love to build/ride/own something like this.

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: