Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 08:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 471262 times)
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #1455 on: December 08, 2014, 07:31:24 PM »

Dear Santa..... ^one of those please.

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
Triple J
« Reply #1456 on: December 08, 2014, 08:29:26 PM »

That'll do!!  drool

Ducatamount

« Reply #1457 on: December 09, 2014, 06:49:49 AM »

Nice.
I'll take mine w/out all the graphics.
Just stealth black & highway safety orange.
Please Santa.

half fast
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1458 on: December 09, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »

You rang?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1459 on: December 09, 2014, 07:56:05 AM »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:58:34 AM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1460 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »

I just got back from the international moto show here in NYC and I LITERALLY WANT ALL OF THE KTMs!!!

Every one just felt GREAT sitting on it, from the RC 390 and Duke 690 and Adventurer 1190.  I'm so lucky I don't live anywhere with a garage or I'd be in serious debt with more bikes I could ride.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:50:16 PM by 1.21GW » Logged

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1461 on: December 14, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »

Cheesy

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1462 on: December 14, 2014, 04:27:55 PM »

Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1463 on: December 14, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »

I just got back from the international moto show here in NYC and I LITERALLY WANT ALL OF THE KTMs!!!

Everyone just felt GREAT sitting on it, from the RC 390 and Duke 690 and Aventurer 1190.  I'm so lucky I don't live anywhere with a garage or I'd be in serious debt with more bikes I could ride.

Tell me your thoughts on the rc390!

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1464 on: December 14, 2014, 06:03:04 PM »

Tell me your thoughts on the rc390!

Well, not much to say since it's not like I rode it or even could turn it on, but for what is a smaller bike it fit my body surprisingly well.  Same was true of the 390 Duke.  It's funny, because the next bike I get I kinda wanted to be a HM or HS or maybe even a mid-2000s MS---I'm a brand whore a bit because I love my Monster so much---but the Hypers all feel "tight" for me.  I always have the urge to slide back but the hyper seats won't let me.  Kinda true of my Monster, too, but I've made adjustments to make it feel okay.  Meanwhile, The KTMs fit like a glove on me: bars were the right distance for my arms, butt was at the right distance from the tank, etc.  On the RC 390 I also didn't feel as pitched forward and uncomfortable as I do when I mount other racing bikes (notably an R6 and a MV F4).  You've met me, Monsterlover KTMlover, so you know my size (6'1", 185 190 lb and gaining).

The other impression I had is that the RC 390 didn't seem as "solid" or "refined" as the Dukes or the Adventurer, by which I mean it maybe seemed a bit more plastic and bare bones.  But that is to be expected, given the size/price/engine/purpose of the bike.  And it kind of reminded me of my Honda CB400, which I could throw around like a bicycle.  The RC 390 felt like it would be perfect for those Japanese contests where the guys have to maneuver around tight turns and cones.  
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:05:33 PM by 1.21GW » Logged

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1465 on: December 14, 2014, 06:28:12 PM »

KTM is bringing their A game the last few years.

I still love Ducati but there isn't a Ducati made that I wouldn't care about it falling over. Its kind of expected with KTM Grin

That 390 though, it has my interest for sure.

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1466 on: December 14, 2014, 06:41:55 PM »

I still love Ducati but there isn't a Ducati made that I wouldn't care about it falling over. Its kind of expected with KTM Grin

That 390 though, it has my interest for sure.

Maybe you and I go half-sies on one and alternate track days with it.   Grin

There definitely would be some "falling over" all over the track.  Evil

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1467 on: December 14, 2014, 06:55:45 PM »

Sure, why not Grin

I was thinking about renting NYST through the shop anyway...

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1468 on: December 14, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »

Pricing, too:

I liked the Scrambler but the 690 Duke is the same price ($8,999).  I'd take the Duke.

I like the new Multistrada S ($19,695) but the 1190 Adventure R is cheaper ($16,999).  I'd take the Adventure.

I can feel my loyalty waning and sense my (Italian) grandma rolling in her grave.

Oh, and FWIW, the RC 390 is 324 lbs.  The 390 Duke is 306.4 lbs!!   Shocked

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1469 on: December 15, 2014, 03:12:22 AM »

Pricing, too:

I liked the Scrambler but the 690 Duke is the same price ($8,999).  I'd take the Duke.

I like the new Multistrada S ($19,695) but the 1190 Adventure R is cheaper ($16,999).  I'd take the Adventure.

I can feel my loyalty waning and sense my (Italian) grandma rolling in her grave.

Oh, and FWIW, the RC 390 is 324 lbs.  The 390 Duke is 306.4 lbs!!   Shocked

Yep. And part of my rc390/triumph 675 (used) dilemma is that the 675 weighs only about 50 lbs more but has more than double the power.

The weight of the 390 is the major con for me. My 450sm is 265 at idle on the freight scale. That bike would be much less fun if it weighed another 60 pounds and it makes similar HP.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: