Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:17:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466598 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1470 on: December 15, 2014, 08:39:07 AM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Triple J
« Reply #1471 on: December 15, 2014, 09:33:16 AM »

KTM is bringing their A game the last few years.

+1

My SMT, which I unfortunately no longer have, was still the most fun and practical street bike I've ever owned. I can't wait to see the new one they are working on. I know 3 guys with the new Adventure, and they absolutely love them as well. Then add in the Superduke, RC390, Duke 390 & 690... drool drool
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1472 on: December 15, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »

Is that a heated spittoon back there?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1473 on: December 15, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »

Is that a heated spittoon back there?

Yeah, I got a bit of sinus infection

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1474 on: December 15, 2014, 11:06:18 AM »

KTM is bringing their A game the last few years.

I still love Ducati but there isn't a Ducati made that I wouldn't care about it falling over. Its kind of expected with KTM Grin

That 390 though, it has my interest for sure.
I'll let you ride either of mine.

They're used to falling over. Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1475 on: December 15, 2014, 12:46:02 PM »

It's well known your bikes sport the extra gravity mod Grin

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #1476 on: December 16, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »

I'll let you ride either of mine.

They're used to falling over. Grin

My Multi has been known to take a nap now and then...but then I take it places that most sane people wouldn't on street tires.  Grin

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1477 on: December 16, 2014, 12:45:04 PM »

I would be very interested in the 390, but why not dual disks? If there's one thing that I would definitely want on my track bike, it would be the ability to stop.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1478 on: December 16, 2014, 01:15:34 PM »

^^Not necessary, this brake will stand my 690 on its nose.

Triple J
« Reply #1479 on: December 16, 2014, 01:29:47 PM »

The Ninja 250 only has a single disc as well, and it seems to OK in racing applications. High performance pads and it should be good to go for the track.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1480 on: December 16, 2014, 01:43:48 PM »

If that's the case, then I might be selling my car within the year.

thorn14

« Reply #1481 on: December 16, 2014, 02:08:33 PM »

I thought one advantage of dual discs was a extra layer of protection against brake fade?

M620 turned M800 but then back to M620 after the M800 died at 110k, and now to Multi 1000.
Triple J
« Reply #1482 on: December 16, 2014, 02:23:23 PM »

I thought one advantage of dual discs was a extra layer of protection against brake fade?

It is, which is why I mentioned the 250s using a single disc in racing and seemingly being OK. I don't think it would even matter on the street.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1483 on: December 16, 2014, 02:23:49 PM »

^^Not necessary, this brake will stand my 690 on its nose.

Agreed. My 450 doesn't even have a radial setup and the single calliper has almost planted my face a couple times.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1484 on: December 16, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »

Agreed. My 450 doesn't even have a radial setup and the single calliper has almost planted my face a couple times.

I believe the 390 has ABS.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: