Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:15:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466597 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1740 on: February 08, 2016, 08:31:35 AM »

Plus, the Motohooligan intake I have on mine sounds like it will suck your neighbor's house into the motor when you get on the throttle

Can't wait to hear that unit hooked up to my 1290SD.   Evil

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1741 on: February 08, 2016, 11:41:31 PM »

Pretty cool concept  Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1742 on: February 11, 2016, 06:49:41 PM »

Pretty cool concept  Evil

I'd rock that thing like a trailer in a hurricane.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1743 on: February 11, 2016, 06:59:49 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1744 on: February 24, 2016, 05:35:44 AM »

Shocked

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/212-would-you-take-a-rip-on-this-1994-ktm-550-mxc-behemoth

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1745 on: February 24, 2016, 05:39:31 AM »

Yipes...

No... I don't think I would.

Or I would... and then it'd be one time, as it'd rocket off towards low orbit after dumping me flat on my back

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1746 on: February 24, 2016, 05:42:10 AM »

It would be hell with slicks Evil

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1747 on: March 15, 2016, 04:14:30 AM »

Some more on the SuperDuke GT

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ktm/2017-ktm-1290-super-duke-gt-video-review.html

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1748 on: March 15, 2016, 08:46:49 AM »

The video timed out on me.  I'll try again when I get home.  I don't see a big difference there between the Adventure 1290 and it.  I hope KTM doesn't get lost in niche marketing.  Maybe they watched all those BMW riders setting up their S1000R's for touring which begat the S1000XR. They don't want to miss out on a potential market segment?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1749 on: March 15, 2016, 09:05:20 AM »

I don't see a big difference there between the Adventure 1290 and it.

Solid point.

Looking at some details on the ADV, I'd expect the GTs using more of the Super Duke engine bits, where they swapped out some stuff for the ADV version, to make it a bit peppier felling.

Mildly different look, probably smaller tank, different suspension setup/bias. But yeah you have a solid point.

But, KTM has a history in this space - SM-T 990, lookin' at you. It's been a couple years since they had a bike in this role, since they did away with the 990 version of the LC8. But there's been plenty of time in the last decade where KTM has had an LC8 powered Steet Hooner (Super Duke) a sporty touring bike (SM-T and now GT) and a ADV bike... Hell they even had the 950 and 990 SM-R.

So... this isn't anything new for them in the sense of their grand lineup

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1750 on: March 15, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »

$20K   laughingdp

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1751 on: March 15, 2016, 10:02:14 PM »

$20K   laughingdp

In KTM's mind, no sweat........ the magazines and videos will gush and the disaffected BMW & Ducati buyers will line up ............ sounds like us........   Grin

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1752 on: May 09, 2016, 03:02:18 AM »

1190R getting it done

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1753 on: May 09, 2016, 05:09:42 AM »

In KTM's mind, no sweat........ the magazines and videos will gush and the disaffected BMW & Ducati buyers will line up ............ sounds like us........   Grin

Or just wait until the next (possibly two) model years are also sitting on the dealer's floor and get one for a song.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #1754 on: May 09, 2016, 05:13:53 AM »

1190R getting it done

I'd hate to have to clean that when I was done...

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: