Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:21:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466607 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2011, 07:26:25 AM »

Lots of folks completely bit by the orange bug.

Evil

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
bikepilot

« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2011, 07:29:53 AM »

Knee braces are nice, I wore them in the 1990s-2000 when I was racing a lot.  I'll get another pair if/when I start riding MX or really hard off road again.  Now I mostly do dual sport and trials, just got bored of east coast dirt riding after a couple decades of going in circles in the woods.

When you get the Warp 9 wheels check the dish and run-out, they don't have a great track record of building wheels properly.  I think the hard parts are fine, they just don't always assembly them all that consistently.

You'll need to upgrade the front brake for sumo. At a minimum a 320mm rotor and if you plan on pushing it hard you'll want a sumo caliper and mc.

2009 XB12XT
2006 Monster 620 (wife's)
1997 TL1000S
1975 Kawasaki H1 Mach III
2001 CR250R (CO do-it-all bike)
2000 XR650R (dez racer)
2003 KX100 (wife's)
1994 DR250SE (wife's/my city commuter)
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2011, 07:30:23 AM »

Lots of folks completely bit by the orange bug.

Evil
the overall poor condition the roads are falling apart into makes makes the one that doesn't mind pot holes make more sense
that and my area is probably 1/3 dirt roads that I had been avoiding on the Monster so there is lots of exploring to do, ML's area is probably similar  waytogo

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »

and I found another good "road" that will make a trip over worthwhile for you, Mush Paw Road is far more of a trail than anything
I'm trying to string together a loop of roads that would keep me off the pavement for as much of the day as possible and already have a good few hours covered

Awesome!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2011, 07:46:05 AM »

Knee braces are nice, I wore them in the 1990s-2000 when I was racing a lot.  I'll get another pair if/when I start riding MX or really hard off road again.  Now I mostly do dual sport and trials, just got bored of east coast dirt riding after a couple decades of going in circles in the woods.

When you get the Warp 9 wheels check the dish and run-out, they don't have a great track record of building wheels properly.  I think the hard parts are fine, they just don't always assembly them all that consistently.

You'll need to upgrade the front brake for sumo. At a minimum a 320mm rotor and if you plan on pushing it hard you'll want a sumo caliper and mc.

They come with a 320mm rotor and caliper relocation bracket. If that's not enough ill do a pad upgrade. Then caliper and mc after that.

From what I've read about Warp9 they had some issues early on and as of late have their act cleaned up. Seems there are a ton of these wheels sold and no real problems that I could find easily on the net.

I know im taking a chance. Well inspect them before tires get mounted.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
bikepilot

« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2011, 07:52:59 AM »

Cool deal.  They do sell a ton of wheels, many seem fine and a ton of people wouldn't know if they were dished a half-inch off.  I've been building wheels for 15 years and am picky.  I've not heard of any hardware issues, just check to make sure its a good build and if not, re-dish and tension them.  New wheels usually need re-tensioned and trued up after a few rides anyway.  waytogo

The oem pads tend to be quite good.  Main issue with the stock dirt caliper is heat, for riding on the road I think it'll be fine, if you hammer it hard on the track it might get a bit warm.  It'll be huge fun with the 'tard wheels.  Dolph

2009 XB12XT
2006 Monster 620 (wife's)
1997 TL1000S
1975 Kawasaki H1 Mach III
2001 CR250R (CO do-it-all bike)
2000 XR650R (dez racer)
2003 KX100 (wife's)
1994 DR250SE (wife's/my city commuter)
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2011, 07:54:46 AM »

I know...I can't wait Dolph

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2011, 08:04:15 AM »

They come with a 320mm rotor and caliper relocation bracket. If that's not enough ill do a pad upgrade. Then caliper and mc after that.

From what I've read about Warp9 they had some issues early on and as of late have their act cleaned up. Seems there are a ton of these wheels sold and no real problems that I could find easily on the net.

I know im taking a chance. Well inspect them before tires get mounted.
what size caliper you going to do? Mine has the 4 piston Brembo and 320 mm rotor, it can stop the bike really quick and probably will work well on the track...we shall see  Evil

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2011, 08:33:39 AM »

what size caliper you going to do? Mine has the 4 piston Brembo and 320 mm rotor, it can stop the bike really quick and probably will work well on the track...we shall see  Evil

Gonna run the stock 2 piston. I wonder if yours would fit. Could be a cheap upgrade.

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »

Gonna run the stock 2 piston. I wonder if yours would fit. Could be a cheap upgrade.
might be, although the more I look at this thing, the more expensive looking stuff I see that is stock on it. Sounds like yours is the same.
The big front brake is borderline dangerous off road  cheeky

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2011, 09:03:24 AM »

If your not always wondering if your bike is trying to kill you, what fun is it?

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2011, 07:59:07 AM »

A few pics of the bike as it sat last night and some of the stuff I got this weekend.

Can't help but want to step on someones face with these boots on.  They seem pretty much indestructible.

Pip
BRRAAAAIIINNNNSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

ROLL TIDE

« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2011, 02:31:56 PM »

Kevin.... I don't know any other way to say this...

My jealousy knows no bounds.  drool

"You can fight a lot of enemies and survive, but not your biology."

Wouldn't fat air be easier to disappear into?
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2011, 03:48:35 PM »

laughingdp

On the upside I'm out of 999 money so at least it can't get much worse Grin

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »

laughingdp

On the upside I'm out of 999 money so at least it can't get much worse Grin
are those boots sumo worthy?
I'll be looking to get another set soon as my Vertigos just don't seem right with mud on them. That and the soles are a bit thin for foot out style.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: