Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:50:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243460 times)
rendang

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 01:06:08 AM »

Just trying out a recent purchase for size,  a Dp performance tank bag and cover. Embarrassed
I know there ugly as phuk but will need it for a little over night adventure very soon. Lips Sealed
If i don't get booked or defected for something stupid in the mean time. Roll Eyes

I found my tankbag kept slipping back into my gut and I had trouble leaning forward to reach the handlebars. Had to drag it forward with a short ocky strap around the headstock.

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
dan_t

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2012, 01:18:11 AM »

Just trying out a recent purchase for size,  a Dp performance tank bag and cover. Embarrassed
I know there ugly as phuk but will need it for a little over night adventure very soon. Lips Sealed
If i don't get booked or defected for something stupid in the mean time. Roll Eyes

Ahh!!! SO you're the culprit!

I was bidding on that on the 'bay recently & let it go when it went past my limit!

Assuming of course you recently purchased this on the 'bay, if not, please ignore and excuse my jibber jabber above...............   laughingdp laughingdp

'08 S4rs;
Termis, DP C/F Short Tail, DP C/F Rear Hugger, Custom hand-made seat, Matris Steering damper, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rizoma Dynamic mirrors, EVR Ventilated Pressure Plate, EVR Open Clutch Cover, SpeedyMoto Stainless Springs Kit, EVR Clutch Slave Cylinder, EVR Front Sprocket Cover, Evotech Performance Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards, Rizoma CT027R, CT017R & CT015R red fluid reservoirs, Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs, Oberon Racing Pegs, C/F Fairing stays, Oggy Knobs, ZG tinted Screen
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2012, 01:38:01 AM »

Tank bags may scratch the shit our of your paint ... especially if conditions are less than perfect Lips Sealed

Believe post content at your own risk.
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2012, 02:16:27 AM »

Tank bags may scratch the shit our of your paint ... especially if conditions are less than perfect Lips Sealed

I have heard about that. defiantly a possibility of getting scratched from the cover.even though it is well padded inside. Smiley
But like anything can be hard luck  stories  from those who can't afford or just dont like them. Undecided 
Then there the risk of stone chips and scratches with out it,already got a big stone chip on the front of the tank Cry

The info i found, best not to leave the bag on for a long time to let dirt and rubbish accumulate between the tank an cover Cry

I was bidding on that on the 'bay recently & let it go when it went past my limit!

That will be the one. Cheesy Grin

I thought it was a good price, as you probably can't even get a DP one anymore Huh?

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2012, 02:22:10 AM »

The info i found, best not to leave the bag on for a long time to let dirt and rubbish accumulate between the tank an cover Cry

Hence the comment about the conditions.

I had a combination of weird & wacky luggage options when we went down to Tassie .... and over the course of 5,000,000m without a wash (other than some torrential rain) there was some scuffing. It happens.

Believe post content at your own risk.
Bazz21

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2012, 03:05:38 AM »

trying to find photos a cross between freddi murcury and a back packer   laughingdp

MAX SAYS MORE WOOM WOOMS
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »

I sanded the clear coat off the monster ready for paint in the morning.  waytogo

Not telling you what colour or style... you have to wait  Cool

Kwaka green?

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
Jukie
I need a

Paradise

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »

No got the green GO the YELLOW

Before Honda CB125N
          Suzuki GS125
Now.   Ducati 620ie
          Lambretta Li150
          Ducati S4RT
dan_t

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2012, 04:17:22 PM »

Well, being Valentines Day and all, I figured I'd better buy her something nice. So a brand new set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's are on!

'08 S4rs;
Termis, DP C/F Short Tail, DP C/F Rear Hugger, Custom hand-made seat, Matris Steering damper, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rizoma Dynamic mirrors, EVR Ventilated Pressure Plate, EVR Open Clutch Cover, SpeedyMoto Stainless Springs Kit, EVR Clutch Slave Cylinder, EVR Front Sprocket Cover, Evotech Performance Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards, Rizoma CT027R, CT017R & CT015R red fluid reservoirs, Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs, Oberon Racing Pegs, C/F Fairing stays, Oggy Knobs, ZG tinted Screen
heatherp

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2012, 05:08:14 PM »

dan_t

I have a red Bagster cover and tankbag that I don't use if you are interested.
dan_t

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »

Thanks heatherp, I really don't know if i'd ever really use it, that's all. The one above had been sitting on the 'bay for ages with practically no activity. I figured that if I could get it for a steal, then it'd be worth having in the back of the closet 'just in case' I ever did get around to doing that overnight run up the Oxley, or down south for the Superbikes etc.

'08 S4rs;
Monstar_100

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2012, 12:56:54 AM »

Primer on, Pin stripes marked out... weather permitting it will be paint tomorrow.

hopefully finished for the weekend  Grin

620ie Monster
Monstar_100

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2012, 02:30:31 AM »

Sneak Peak of the Colour... i Got 2 coats down before the weather changed.

Pin stripes to be painted tomorrow and new stickers on.  waytogo

620ie Monster
Jukie
I need a

Paradise

« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2012, 09:14:03 PM »

Yes yes yes it's yellowish

Before Honda CB125N
          Suzuki GS125
Now.   Ducati 620ie
          Lambretta Li150
          Ducati S4RT
Monstar_100

« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »

Mustard orange...  waytogo

Bad day painting, a couple of problems and may look like i will have to rub it all back and start again... pretty bummed out coonsidering i was so close to clear coating everything

620ie Monster
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: