Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:50:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243460 times)
Jukie
I need a

Paradise

« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »

Gee Danno you must be running out of parts to chnge by now. You must be desperate to wanna change your horn

Before Honda CB125N
          Suzuki GS125
Now.   Ducati 620ie
          Lambretta Li150
          Ducati S4RT
Twizted

« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2012, 07:02:52 PM »

New front Pilot Road 2 and a scrub in over Mt Glorious and Nebo. Why are there never any Road 3's in stock anywhere? I would love to try one.
Dannog

S4RS

« Reply #302 on: May 11, 2012, 01:21:56 AM »

Gee Danno you must be running out of parts to chnge by now. You must be desperate to wanna change your horn
Truthfully, I needed to put a horn on by KTM for the pink slip and bought this. It didnt fit so I swapped it with the Monster and vola, the monster has a new bit of bling. It even has a bit of red in it that I like  waytogo

can't remember the last time I used the horn
  Undecided
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »

Re located the voltage regulator upside down for better cooling.
Installed a K&N crankcase pod filter on an extended hose ,removed breather box
(which incidental had no oil only water in it) to allow for room for the regulator's new home.
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »

Re located the voltage regulator upside down for better cooling.
Installed a K&N crankcase pod filter on an extended hose ,removed breather box
(which incidental had no oil only water in it) to allow for room for the regulator's new home.

Water?

You all know I am a mechanical numpty but I think that one requires some explanation.

Believe post content at your own risk.
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2012, 10:02:36 PM »

Water?

You all know I am a mechanical numpty but I think that one requires some explanation.

When you finish a ride, the engine cools down, the oil contracts a little and air is sucked into the crankcase.  The air contains moisture, as air does.  When you then run the bike, the miniscule little bit of water that came in with the air evaporates, and gets pushed up the crankcase breather tube.  The breather reservoir is a deliberate low point, so as the water condenses out in the tube (being colder than the motor) it collects here.  Then when you stop riding, more air (with a teeny little bit of water) gets sucked back into the motor, and the cycle continues.  Do it for long enough, and you get a decent amount of water in the crankcase reservoir.

Incidentally, if you do lots of short trips, the water stays in the crankcase and turns your oil milky, and you freak out and post in tech.

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
Betty

« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »

... and from there (the breather box) it (the water) only has one way to go?

FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2012, 11:44:36 PM »

Water?

Yay Suzy Saved me the effort of tying that up, for the numpty's around here. Tongue bang head Roll Eyes Grin

... and from there (the breather box) it (the water) only has one way to go?

The breather reservoir has a tube that connects to the air filter box, over time the condensation in the breather reservoir will evaporate/ventout through the air box.
I think the crank case breather mod is a very good. eliminates the milky looking oil level sight glass. waytogo

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:46:36 PM by Rob s » Logged

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
Betty

« Reply #308 on: May 16, 2012, 12:10:26 AM »

Yay Suzy Saved me the effort of tying that up, for the numpty's around here. Tongue bang head Roll Eyes Grin

The breather reservoir has a tube that connects to the air filter box, over time the condensation in the breather reservoir will evaporate/ventout through the air box.
I think the crank case breather mod is a very good. eliminates the milky looking oil level sight glass. waytogo

Thanks guys. The Boss probably could have explained that to me (she has done it to the wee-Monster) ... so I'll excuse myself by saying we are sharing the learning.

You never know I may not be the only numpty.

cicii

« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2012, 08:32:43 PM »

gave my chain a good inspection, clean, tighten and added some lube
StephenC

« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2012, 01:08:05 AM »

Washed it. Tried to adjust the throttle. Opened the Throttle housing. Lost one of the screws. Swore. A lot!

Ducati Monster 1100S (2009)
duke8

« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2012, 03:43:11 AM »

Made a few cosmetic changes this week...

Shortened my termi's a total of 6cms, and modded them to be straight through (were previously road legal version), now sound like termi's should  waytogo.

Painted my headlight surround and clutch cover black using hi temp pot belly black. Came out really well...

And finally got to ride it today, down to buli, a quick stop at the Scarborough and back through the national park via stanwell tops...

'06 S4RS
'05 Monster 620
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2012, 12:51:22 PM »

waytogo nice black beastie
Have you also lowered your headlight ?
duke8

« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »

waytogo nice black beastie
Have you also lowered your headlight ?

Cheers dogs... It's finally starting to look how I wanted it to when I got it...

And yeah the speedo and headlight has been lowered, but I can't take credit for that as it was done by the previous owner...

'06 S4RS
'05 Monster 620
rendang

« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2012, 11:47:43 PM »

And finally got to ride it today, down to buli, a quick stop at the Scarborough and back through the national park via stanwell tops...

Do you mean the Scarborough Hotel ?  It was closed a few months ago, has it re-opened ?

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: