Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 18, 2024, 02:20:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243474 times)
Mr.S2R
« Reply #480 on: September 01, 2012, 11:17:19 PM »

started pulling down my dry clutch as it was getting too noisy - well in my opinion.  This is what the basket wear looks like and the wear on the tangs.  The clutch material itself looks good which is a shame...

kyle

« Reply #481 on: September 01, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »

Looks interesting!! Mine is slipping when cold and when up in the revs also, has 45000 on the clock.. time for a barnett wet kit i think..
Mr.S2R
« Reply #482 on: September 01, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »

Looks interesting!! Mine is slipping when cold and when up in the revs also, has 45000 on the clock.. time for a barnett wet kit i think..

sounds like that is possibly springs, so make sure you get a set of those also. I am sure someone with far greater technical expertise will give a better possible cause.

I have just purchase an EVR 48T basket and clutch plate set - HOWEVER, I have stated on this forum that I am anti bling, so I just like to state that this is for functionality and performance improvement, plus I am getting a nice billet open clutch cover and new EVR pressure plate... Grin
GK

« Reply #483 on: September 02, 2012, 12:37:01 AM »

Adjusted the gear selector position.

I've just bought a new set of boots and need to get the relationship of boot to selector just right.

All I need is a nice long test ride tomorrow morning! LOL!

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #484 on: September 02, 2012, 01:22:19 AM »

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ?

Well nothing actually, but I did help someone else.

She must have had a mid-life growth spurt. We raised the rear of the little beastie, put the stock stand back on and played around with the preload settings.

Unfortunately it was dark by the time we finishes so test ride will come another day.

Believe post content at your own risk.
duke8

« Reply #485 on: September 02, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »

Raised forks up to sit flush with the new speedymoto top triple on the weekend... Also fitted clip ons, new grips reservoirs, and put on all my powder coated bits n pieces. Relocated voltage regulator and did crankcase breather.. Fitted radiator covers, crankcase cover and tail chop bracket.. Almost done now, just received my rearsets this morning and will be fitting them tonight.... Pics tomorrow

'06 S4RS
'05 Monster 620
kyle

« Reply #486 on: September 02, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »

Wholleeeyyy Farken!
Rowdy

S4R

« Reply #487 on: September 02, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »

started pulling down my dry clutch as it was getting too noisy - well in my opinion.  This is what the basket wear looks like and the wear on the tangs.  The clutch material itself looks good which is a shame...

Pulled mine apart yesterday, too noisy. Friction material all good, plate tangs really worn, basket all worn too.

Bought a 48T unit (pack and basket) from spare shack and a new pressure plate bearing from Brisbane Bearing Service (next door to work). I'll just clean everything else up and hide it all away under the full clutch cover that I have sprayed with sound deadner. Should be nice and quiet now.

Bearing is a 6201 Koyo unit, cost me $5. Rated to 22,000rpm. Should hold up alright I guess. Looks the same as what they sell at CA cycleworks (http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=6201).

Now to wait on the postman for my package from the UK and I'm off again.

You greatly underestimate the amount of overconfidence I have.
Rowdy

S4R

« Reply #488 on: September 02, 2012, 09:09:57 PM »

Wholleeeyyy Farken!

Ha, that is bad, very bad.

Mr.S2R
« Reply #489 on: September 03, 2012, 01:44:18 AM »

Pulled mine apart yesterday, too noisy. Friction material all good, plate tangs really worn, basket all worn too.

Bought a 48T unit (pack and basket)

Yeah basically like mine - basket bad, friction material good.  How many km's has yours done?  Out of curiosity why did you go the 48t.  I did some reading/research and the 48t is meant to run quiter and have longer service life.  I am now looking for an EVR pressure plate too!
Rowdy

S4R

« Reply #490 on: September 03, 2012, 10:48:39 AM »

I like the design of the 48t unit and a dry clutch doesn't have to be as noisy as mine was. A worn dry clutch sounds crap, a well maintained dry clutch sounds great. I would also expect the 48t to wear the friction material out long before the drive tangs and basket. That way the basket should outlive a few sets of friction plates.

My bike has done 16,000 kms. I have a closed cover but remove it and clean out the clutch dust every 2,500kms. I'm keeping the Ducati pressure plate (just fitting a new bearing) because I'll continue to run the closed cover on the clutch.

techno

« Reply #491 on: September 03, 2012, 10:15:02 PM »

Finally got around to changing the fuel filter. Not a bad job except the hose clamps on each end of the filter need replacing and its not that easy to find clips that go down to 5 or 6 mm.

All back together, started OK and no leaks (but I will check again before the next ride).  waytogo

Hey Techno you are a smart man.  waytogo

Had an accident in Tasmania? - www.tas-compo-law.com.au
GK

« Reply #492 on: September 03, 2012, 11:33:05 PM »

Ha, that is bad, very bad.

Was thinking the same thing!

Glad it all held together for you. Phew!

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Mr.S2R
« Reply #493 on: September 04, 2012, 01:45:16 AM »

Finally got around to changing the fuel filter. Not a bad job except the hose clamps on each end of the filter need replacing and its not that easy to find clips that go down to 5 or 6 mm.

All back together, started OK and no leaks (but I will check again before the next ride).  waytogo

I did the same just recently too - I thought it was a bit of a pain in the ass to pull the pump/filter out of the tank though!  Even though I thought I had drained it entirely fuel still kept coming out! Embarrassed
duke8

« Reply #494 on: September 04, 2012, 01:54:19 AM »

Fitted my new rearsets yesterday.... Pretty much done with the mods...for now  Grin

'06 S4RS
'05 Monster 620
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: