Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:53:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243462 times)
braando
« Reply #630 on: November 11, 2012, 01:52:38 AM »

Do them there rotors make it stop better?
I thought the last ones were pretty good or was it another Saturday morning visit to your local "special" mezanine and just couldn't resist.   cheeky
Hard to tell right now as they have been barely used so far. Probably no different to the originals for my riding these days but my old gold disks felt like there was a slight warp in them.  Not from the mezanine of opportunity Matty, Evolution in Italy. Will get my old ones checked out then flog them i guess. My "mechanic" fitted them for me, payback time there one day down the track      waytogo
Dockstrada

« Reply #631 on: November 11, 2012, 03:04:28 PM »

Fitted Brembo T Drive disk rotors the other day well, Paul did

Then today, A Greek bearing gifts arrived at my doorstep.......  Wobbart made me a lovely pair of axle sliders...    waytogo

Please bear in mind that both of these are safety items..............       coffee

Just my 2cents worth , the problem with billet axel slider although pretty, if god forbid you have a get off they tend to grab the tar rather tar slide, thus causing more damage than what would normally be prevented by acetal sliders . I’ve seen many bent forks caused from these types of sliders just from a slow get off.

If I wasn't who i was, I wouldn't be who I am !
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #632 on: November 11, 2012, 11:15:24 PM »

Pity you couldn't get them in red and had to settle for the orange.
Jees... how many colours is that now?  laughingdp

Hey  Wellsy watcha think Huh?

The red is me, will match the  Tricolore nicely

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
braando
« Reply #633 on: November 11, 2012, 11:45:13 PM »

Just my 2cents worth , the problem with billet axel slider although pretty, if god forbid you have a get off they tend to grab the tar rather tar slide, thus causing more damage than what would normally be prevented by acetal sliders . I’ve seen many bent forks caused from these types of sliders just from a slow get off.

Then Doc, if you see me in a precarious position this weekend i will expect you to launch yourself under my front forks to protect them          waytogo
input noted and appreciated all the same..... 
brian      coffee
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #634 on: November 12, 2012, 01:37:39 AM »

Robs NEW theme

Wells

« Reply #635 on: November 12, 2012, 02:56:30 AM »

Hey  Wellsy watcha think Huh?
Nice Rob!
Must be a funny thing to go from the all black to the colourful world.

2005 M620
Hi. I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self-help tapes as “Smoke Yourself Thin” and “Get Some Confidence, Stupid!”
NYTimes: "...highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson Mandela, an 800-year-old demigod and a dildo collector."
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #636 on: November 12, 2012, 03:23:18 PM »

I thought you would have gone for the "safety" helmet.

MonsterDorf

« Reply #637 on: November 13, 2012, 01:43:23 AM »

Finished the install of the S4RS ohlins rear shock, resprung to suit my weight. Took the opportunity to also get rid of the cannister under the seat. Made up a nice adapter plate from 3mm aluminium and mounted the regulator and rear coil to the adapter.  Next step is to re-assemble the upgraded Showa adjustable forks and fit them before the next track day.
ducmeister

« Reply #638 on: November 14, 2012, 04:31:16 AM »

Bought a new can of Mister Sheen.  waytogo Haven't used it yet though.  boo

'02 M900ie, DP CF mufflers, DP mirrors, CF side covers, beer tray, belt covers, and sprocket cover, K&N filter, clear indicators, Speedymoto 5 spoke clutch cover, etc, etc, ad nauseum.
cicii

« Reply #639 on: November 14, 2012, 01:03:47 PM »

Dropped my bike off for a major service. The first thing the mechanic says is "see that?", pointing to the bottom of my front forks, "I want that for my racer project". He wanted to swap his ohlins for mine. I didn't know the difference but said "no, I prefer the look of mine". How am I supposed to trust him now. Grr
GK

« Reply #640 on: November 15, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »

Sounds dodgy alright!

Put a few marks on your forks, like a few nicks or scrapes and make sure you take pictures of them.

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
braando
« Reply #641 on: November 15, 2012, 02:50:18 AM »

Dropped my bike off for a major service. The first thing the mechanic says is "see that?", pointing to the bottom of my front forks, "I want that for my racer project". He wanted to swap his ohlins for mine. I didn't know the difference but said "no, I prefer the look of mine". How am I supposed to trust him now. Grr

At a guess i'd say D'Moto......  and if so, it would be Shaun and his dry sense of humour i bet.
dragonworld.
I can make like a tripod with my.....

« Reply #642 on: November 15, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »

Amazing how when you ride your bike nearly everyday you unconciously compensate for wear and tear!! Particularly on the suspension!  Huh?

I installed some new fork springs and fork oil on the 750 and bugger me what a difference!  waytogo

Now to save the Pesos and get rid of that bloody Sachs on the arse end! And of course new rubber!!  Dolph

Secret to a long relationship is........Keep the fights clean and the sex DIRTY"!
cicii

« Reply #643 on: November 15, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »

At a guess i'd say D'Moto......  and if so, it would be Shaun and his dry sense of humour i bet.

hahah yep, they're good guys. its just some things they say  Huh?
like he said he couldve changed it without me even knowing. It was good of him to ask.

i just cant wait to get it back with the lower ride height  Dolph
it should be easier on my wrists too
dragonworld.
I can make like a tripod with my.....

« Reply #644 on: November 15, 2012, 09:13:42 PM »

Oh and forgot to mention a full set of Goodrich brake and clutch lines!! The old rubberies were a bit sad!!  Wink

Mucho betterer!! waytogo

Still looks like a scungy 90,000k plus bike but its working well!!  Dolph applause
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:15:19 PM by dragonworld » Logged

Secret to a long relationship is........Keep the fights clean and the sex DIRTY"!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: