Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:50:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243461 times)
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #810 on: May 14, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »

We miss you Suz............. Cry 
Looking good .................

the bike too .  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #811 on: May 14, 2013, 03:06:24 PM »

Nah, it's OK ... that thread will make our brains hurt. Much prefer the dumbed-down Aussie version:
  • put things back together
  • sat on it
  • made bike noises

Back to the heads now?

Yah. There's still a bit to be done (and parts/tools to buy, which is the slowest bit). I've gotta fit my guides, ream, cut seats, fit valves, reassemble heads, shim, put them back on, get the timing sorted and the ecu flashed, then make real motorcycle noises  cheeky

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #812 on: May 14, 2013, 03:45:46 PM »

Yah. There's still a bit to be done (and parts/tools to buy, which is the slowest bit). I've gotta fit my guides, ream, cut seats, fit valves, reassemble heads, shim, put them back on, get the timing sorted and the ecu flashed, then make real motorcycle noises  cheeky

Blah, blah, blah ... keep your fancy mechanical talk to those other boards  cheeky

Pictures are OK though.

Believe post content at your own risk.
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #813 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »

Nice Pussy  Evil
  Though i do prefer looking at them through the cross hairs on a rifle scope Cheesy

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
braando
« Reply #814 on: May 15, 2013, 12:41:42 AM »

We miss you Suz............. Cry  
Looking good .................

the bike too .  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Sounds like you need some electrical advice from Suzy Desmond   Huh?Huh??, well, now that i think of it.....you might be able to show her your soon to be patented quick release cabling connectors that Rob blabbed  told me about .......     Roll Eyes
Cos, i don't remember you mentioning her name in the past six months     coffee

Bike looks great btw Suzy, when its back together and purring, if you are considering selling it, i'd recommend our OZ Monsters for sale section. The more the merrier I say    waytogo    Its my favourite thread at present, a Mills & Boon novel pails into insigificance compared to whats going on in there. So a female selling a bike would be the icing on the cake i'd say........ waytogo
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:52:51 AM by Brian W » Logged
Sundog

« Reply #815 on: May 15, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »

So that's the actual colour that the bike will stay?  Not just a primer or something?

The tank has no clear coat on it at that time and had just been cut back (dusty) so it appears lighter than it will after clear coating. The color is a graphite grey, quite dark almost a gunmetal. I wanted something understated, I'm over the red.

Latest is it should be ready next week (last week of May). We're just waiting on the two exhaust end caps to be poured at the alloy smelters. Then I just have to pay for it.... Huh?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:59:14 PM by Sundog » Logged

M1100 2010 in Ducati Titanium Grey
Custom Wizard Sleeve pipes & PC5 with O2 opt
14T Front
DP Anodized Pressure Plate DP Tail Chop
DP LED Indicators               Rizoma Rearset & Mirrors
Oggie Sliders                     Rizoma Bars & Levers
Rowdy

S4R

« Reply #816 on: May 16, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »

Painting the wheels is a yes, but when my bank balance recovers, color TBD, I have no idea at the moment.

I've been looking at these pics a bit (love this look) and I kinda like the wheels in the contrast silver. I think if they were black, the front end (forks, discs, h/light cover, brake lines etc) would look out of place. Anyway, I can't wait to see the finished product. It's frekin exciting getting major changes done on your bike. I loved getting mine painted and bits and pieces done. Helped that the boys at speedys looked after me and made it easy.

Have you thought about the rear wheel cover like whats on the BM GS? I know it's a bit different but if a removable one was made, might help with the rear fender/cops question.
This is the best pic I could find of the GS (the rear cover is a bit obscured but you'll get what I mean) - http://www.scigacz.pl/zdjecia/gallery/polecamy/Hayabusa_B-King_G1200R_nowe_motocykle_na_nowy_sezon_2008/BMW_R1200GS/bmw-r1200gs-intercom-z-pasazerem.jpg.html

You greatly underestimate the amount of overconfidence I have.
Sundog

« Reply #817 on: May 16, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »

I've been looking at these pics a bit (love this look) and I kinda like the wheels in the contrast silver. I think if they were black, the front end (forks, discs, h/light cover, brake lines etc) would look out of place.

Thanks for the positive note Rowdy. I realize the changes I made may polarize some people who are fans of the Ducati heritage and style but that's ok, our bikes are in part reflections of our personality and when you personalize beyond the generic it's bound to unsettle some folk.

I agree with you about the wheels, I kinda like the silver contrast of the forks and wheels hence my quandary. Do I in fact need to change the color? (rhetorical) I just didn't want to go down the gold and black/grey combo that's been done to death. I'm even going so far as to get the gold anodizing on the adjustment wing nuts on the Rizoma clip-ons rubbed back to the basic alloy silver.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Ditto!!

Have you thought about the rear wheel cover like whats on the BM GS?

It's not very clear in the photo but is this the same fender design as that which comes on the Diavel? If so, then the answer is no, I'm a fan of the open wheel look and while I understand your meaning of it being possibly removable I haven't had any issues so far with Mr. Plod and the current DP fender (it hasn't been changed as a part of this work) so I'll hang in there unless it becomes a red-rag to compliance checks. I think my original question was if there was a blitz on bike compliance at that time, not so much about risk reduction changes.

Cheers,

Jim

M1100 2010 in Ducati Titanium Grey
Custom Wizard Sleeve pipes & PC5 with O2 opt
14T Front
DP Anodized Pressure Plate DP Tail Chop
DP LED Indicators               Rizoma Rearset & Mirrors
Oggie Sliders                     Rizoma Bars & Levers
GK

« Reply #818 on: May 17, 2013, 03:37:55 AM »

Finally got my second indicator (correct one this time) from the UK and put them on.

I've now discovered a cracked lens. What's the cost of an original? Anyone know?

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
suzyj

« Reply #819 on: May 17, 2013, 03:10:14 PM »

Nothing. pm me your address and I'll post you one.

GK

« Reply #820 on: May 17, 2013, 11:40:49 PM »

That's absolutely most generous, however I forgot to mentions that it's a white lens, not the stock orange!

However, I now have three orange, so if yours is orange also, I'll have a full set to put on!

PM on the way.

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
heatherp

« Reply #821 on: May 18, 2013, 02:06:52 AM »

Sent this back:

and put this on:

Bye bye twisty roads  Dolph :'( and hello square tyres  coffee Tongue
can't say I'm missing the rain .... cos I'm copping plenty here in Perth.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #822 on: May 18, 2013, 02:58:11 AM »

Quote from: Sundog link=topic=54582.msg1166607#msg1166607 date=1367830297javascript:void(0);
I would love to recess the instrument binnacle I can't see a way of doing it without chopping the headlight mounts, which I don't want to do.
Chopped mine to achieve the look I wanted.  Was a little scary as there's no going back... but happy with the result.

I have to get it dyno'ed and have the engine management mapped to the pipes.
How?  PCV?

I have the Termi ECM and the O2 sensor is installed properly so I shouldn't get any probs there (fingers x-ed).
Which Termi ECU?

Whatdy think?
I think this..
The exhaust isn't to my tastes, but it is definitely unique  waytogo

Agree on the no belly pan.
waytogo

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #823 on: May 18, 2013, 03:09:04 AM »

Well yesterday, rode it like I stole it

also tested the new helmet for wind noise

Nice helmet  Cool

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
suzyj

« Reply #824 on: May 18, 2013, 03:29:48 AM »

Sent this back:

and put this on:

Bye bye twisty roads  Dolph :'( and hello square tyres  coffee Tongue
can't say I'm missing the rain .... cos I'm copping plenty here in Perth.

Howdy neighbour.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: