Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:54:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243463 times)
GK

« Reply #1005 on: March 15, 2014, 10:58:09 PM »

High comp pistons are in!

Bike feels awesome.

Thanks bro!

GK

I should also add that we found that the bike had previously had some porting done! Bonus!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:10:49 AM by GK » Logged

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1006 on: March 16, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »

Goes good ay. It's pretty toey Max..
It's got a real strong surge now. You can really feel the cam come on strong. Whooosh!
Bloody newfangled EFI! laughingdp

2015 Scrambler 800
Twizted

« Reply #1007 on: March 18, 2014, 02:06:45 AM »

High comp pistons are in!

Bike feels awesome.

Thanks bro!

GK

I should also add that we found that the bike had previously had some porting done! Bonus!

Did you end up getting the PC3 fitted?
GK

« Reply #1008 on: March 18, 2014, 10:12:07 PM »

Did you end up getting the PC3 fitted?

Yep it's fitted, but the maps I tried did not cut the mustard.

Now, with the high comps, there's a map with a very similar configuration to what I've got, so after it's run in, I'll try that map and take it from there.

If that map doesn't hit the spot, I'll get a custom map made up.

GK

JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
StephenC

« Reply #1009 on: March 20, 2014, 07:04:26 PM »

Not quite as ambitious... I changed my indicators.  These are a set of Watsen Design LEDs I rescued from the outgoing Triumph.

Ducati Monster 1100S (2009)
StephenC

« Reply #1010 on: March 20, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »

And with them lit:

I'm not sure if I have got things 100% correct though.  The wires seem to get very hot when they are on.  As I had an electronic flasher on the Triumph I snipped off the resistors that came with the Watsen Design.  For the Ducati I have used the resistors that came with the Ducati Performance LEDs, which were on the bike when I bought it and have the right connector on the end.  I don't know if the ohm rating is the same, which might explain why the wires between the resistor and the LED gets hot.  The blink rate seems fine, so the ECU doesn't sen to think the load is too small (it blinked very fast before I got all four resistors on).  Anybody with electronics experience feel like chipping in with advice?

Gibbo

« Reply #1011 on: March 20, 2014, 07:25:26 PM »

Squeezed a two hour ride to Yarra Glen into a busy day.

GK
The Glen certainly is a beautiful spot,I should know because I was lucky enough to have grown up there in the 70's and 80's. The best roads are up towards Yea though.
Gibbo
P.S. Did you happen to notice if they had gotten any further with the re-building of the rail station ? my grand parents ran it for 27 years and the last time that I saw it, it was in a pretty sorry state. Cry

97 M600
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #1012 on: March 22, 2014, 11:57:12 PM »

I did the Geraldton black dog ride today with some friends. Greenough hamlet to Horrocks via Moonyanooka, Nabawa and Northampton, then back to Geraldton with a little detour via Nanson.

Was a blast. 250 odd kilometres, mainly straight, and about 200 bikes. Even met a guy with a nice red 900ss.

And I didn't even run out of fuel!

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #1013 on: March 22, 2014, 11:59:14 PM »

And with them lit:

I'm not sure if I have got things 100% correct though.  The wires seem to get very hot when they are on.  As I had an electronic flasher on the Triumph I snipped off the resistors that came with the Watsen Design.  For the Ducati I have used the resistors that came with the Ducati Performance LEDs, which were on the bike when I bought it and have the right connector on the end.  I don't know if the ohm rating is the same, which might explain why the wires between the resistor and the LED gets hot.  The blink rate seems fine, so the ECU doesn't sen to think the load is too small (it blinked very fast before I got all four resistors on).  Anybody with electronics experience feel like chipping in with advice?

Very hot doesn't sound right. Get a multimeter and measure the resistance of the resistors they came with, the resistors you used should be around the same.

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
StephenC

« Reply #1014 on: March 23, 2014, 12:43:17 AM »

Any idea what the Ducati Performance resistors are rated at?  They are the ones with the Ducati connector on them so are what I am currently using.  The ones I should be using, that came with the indicators are 22 ohm 7 watts.  I'm waiting for a set of the Rizoma connectors and I will splice in the Watsen resistors.

GK

« Reply #1015 on: March 23, 2014, 03:43:55 AM »

The Glen certainly is a beautiful spot,I should know because I was lucky enough to have grown up there in the 70's and 80's. The best roads are up towards Yea though.
Gibbo
P.S. Did you happen to notice if they had gotten any further with the re-building of the rail station ? my grand parents ran it for 27 years and the last time that I saw it, it was in a pretty sorry state. Cry

Are you talking about Yea station?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yea

Station statistics

Coordinates
37°12′49″S 145°25′41″ECoordinates: 37°12′49″S 145°25′41″E

Line(s)
Mansfield

Other information

Opened
16 November 1883

Closed
8 November 1978

Station status
Closed

Yea is a former railway station in Yea, Victoria, Australia. The tracks have been removed and the reserve has been turned into The Yea Railway Park consisting of the historic railway station and eleven acres of parkland. It has a picnic shelter, barbecue, toilets, playground, skatepark, walking track, community reserve and includes Rotary Park. The station building houses Blackthorn Textiles (a privately run craft shop). Also on the site are the former goods sheds which are available for hire for varied functions. The Yea Country Market is held in the park on the first Saturday of each month and local artists hold an exhibition and sale in the goods sheds each Easter.

The site is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register.[1]

Cheers,

GK
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:45:58 AM by GK » Logged

Gone but not forgotten!
Sundog

« Reply #1016 on: March 23, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »

Not trying to be a downer here but are the leds far enough apart? There is a minimum distance indicators must be apart for them to meet ADR specs and you could get booked and canaried if Mr Plod feels ornery enough. Better check with the NSW road authority website to be sure.

M1100 2010 in Ducati Titanium Grey
Custom Wizard Sleeve pipes & PC5 with O2 opt
14T Front
DP Anodized Pressure Plate DP Tail Chop
DP LED Indicators               Rizoma Rearset & Mirrors
Oggie Sliders                     Rizoma Bars & Levers
StephenC

« Reply #1017 on: March 24, 2014, 01:18:34 AM »

Our local officers are pretty reasonable (they tend to be grey and square and stay very still!), I'll take my chances.  I've kept the originals, just in case I run into trouble.  I think my bigger concern is the lack of baffles for the Termi's as I suspect I wouldn't meet noise standards.  It's a pity the original owner didn't keep ahold of them.

J5

I'm here to fix zee fridge

« Reply #1018 on: March 24, 2014, 02:03:51 AM »

Not trying to be a downer here but are the leds far enough apart? There is a minimum distance indicators must be apart for them to meet ADR specs and you could get booked and canaried if Mr Plod feels ornery enough. Better check with the NSW road authority website to be sure.

nsw changed it recently

180mm which is the width of the number plate

i dont care if you have been a mechanic for 10 years doing something for a long time does not make you good at it, take my gf for an example shes been walking for 28 years and still manages to fall over all the time.
StephenC

« Reply #1019 on: March 24, 2014, 02:35:24 AM »

Thanks J5. Mine meet that - just. Now my 'legal' issues are a lack of rear mudflap (original tail MIA!) and the baffles. I'm not really worried about the former but have neighbours I like, so wouldn't mind taming the Termi's. Anybody know where I can get some in Australia?  Frasers were spectacularly unhelpful, though I will try again when I order a pile of bits and pieces to tidy up the bike - like my broken nipple (see Tech forum).

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: