Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:54:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243463 times)
Sundog

« Reply #1020 on: March 24, 2014, 06:57:10 PM »

Thanks J5. Mine meet that - just. Now my 'legal' issues are a lack of rear mudflap (original tail MIA!) and the baffles. I'm not really worried about the former but have neighbours I like, so wouldn't mind taming the Termi's. Anybody know where I can get some in Australia?  Frasers were spectacularly unhelpful, though I will try again when I order a pile of bits and pieces to tidy up the bike - like my broken nipple (see Tech forum).

I had some baffles made up for my exhaust, they're a pretty simple construction if you can show the fabricator an example. Mine cost $100 for the pair made from SS. As for the indicators, Vic regs are still a min of 300mm apart Sad

M1100 2010 in Ducati Titanium Grey
Custom Wizard Sleeve pipes & PC5 with O2 opt
14T Front
DP Anodized Pressure Plate DP Tail Chop
DP LED Indicators               Rizoma Rearset & Mirrors
Oggie Sliders                     Rizoma Bars & Levers
StephenC

« Reply #1021 on: March 24, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »

I'm thinking of trying something like this:
http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.desmoworld.com/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.desmoworld.com%26biw%3D1257%26bih%3D1059

I'm a bit worried that they won't fit as 47.75mm seems awfully close to the opening on the Termi's and mine seem a little oval (i.e. less wide than they are tall), but it does look like it was made for the exhaust.

Ducati Monster 1100S (2009)
The Don

« Reply #1022 on: March 25, 2014, 12:11:05 AM »

If they are the ones from Germany, I have a set in my exhaust, though they aren't termi's

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something. - Plato
Gibbo

« Reply #1023 on: March 27, 2014, 01:56:16 PM »

Are you talking about Yea station?

GK

No mate I was talking about Yarra Glen station(on the left as you enter town from Coldstream).
Thanks for the info though. I can't wait until I get to come back home to Melbourne,it sucks up here,feels like I am on  the dark side of the moon boo.At least there are some good roads though waytogo
 To get back on topic though,I just bought a new headlight,screen,indicators and digital dash(the same type as Bimota uses on the DB9) so I have a good little winter project. Grin
Gibbo
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:02:00 PM by Gibbo » Logged

97 M600
StephenC

« Reply #1024 on: March 31, 2014, 12:26:27 AM »

I bought a waterproof case and handlebar mount for my iPhone, to use it as a SatNav.  Case is great - phone currently sitting in a bowl of water playing video!  Alas the mount I bought was for the iPhone 4, not my iPhone 5.  The mount fits on the bike great but the phone won't fit in it.  It will be great when the right one arrives in the post.  It fits beautifully above the bar risers (in landscape format) and is almost flush so it doesn't obscure the dash.  The phone clips in and out in seconds and it doesn't take much more to remove the whole setup.

Proper pictures, when I get it working!

Twizted

« Reply #1025 on: March 31, 2014, 02:00:43 AM »

I bought a waterproof case and handlebar mount for my iPhone, to use it as a SatNav.  Case is great - phone currently sitting in a bowl of water playing video!  Alas the mount I bought was for the iPhone 4, not my iPhone 5.  The mount fits on the bike great but the phone won't fit in it.  It will be great when the right one arrives in the post.  It fits beautifully above the bar risers (in landscape format) and is almost flush so it doesn't obscure the dash.  The phone clips in and out in seconds and it doesn't take much more to remove the whole setup.

Link?
StephenC

« Reply #1026 on: March 31, 2014, 02:09:29 AM »

Here's the link: http://www.lifeproof.com

Twizted

« Reply #1027 on: March 31, 2014, 04:42:50 AM »

Cheers
Sundog

« Reply #1028 on: March 31, 2014, 02:34:57 PM »

Which mount is that you're using, the Lifeproof Bar & Bike mount or another?

14T Front
StephenC

« Reply #1029 on: April 01, 2014, 12:52:12 AM »

None yet - I'm still waiting for he correct one to ship - but I intend to use the life proof one as it seems really low profile and goes on and off easily.  I'll post photos once done.

StephenC

« Reply #1030 on: April 02, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »

Here we go:

The mount that comes with the kit.  Clips on and off in seconds.  Comes with a variety of rubber spacers but the thin one is too small and the medium one is too big.  I solved this by just using a spare spacer that came with my bar-end mirrors, under the thin grip.

The phone mount (now the correct one!) just pops on and then you twist the retaining flange, which you can't see in this photo.

The phone, in it's waterproof case, just clicks in.

I'm waiting on a USB port so I can charge the phone whilst riding.  I already have a 6 inch lightning to USB connector.  I'm debating whether to get a helmet intercom but as this is only for occasional use I will probably just make do with glancing at the map and directions and not worry about hearing the voice.

Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #1031 on: April 03, 2014, 03:38:24 PM »

Hypermotard oil cooler lines instal on my S2R

Finally did something about the rusty fittings on my S2R .
I was going to instal some fancy aeroflow
lines like you see on high end show cars with coloured alloy fittings but a quote of over $300
stopped that.
Picked up these perfect condition Hyper lines from fleabay USA for a quter of that price.
Added bonus of routing both lines on the left side leaving the cam belt un covered.

Sundog

« Reply #1032 on: April 04, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »

Cleaned the chain for 2 hours, been putting it off for ages.

I used kero and two toothbrushes taped together in a chopsticks-like manner to get the old lube off. Then a clean dry cloth, high pressure airgun and elbow grease to clean off the kero and then a thorough application of Motul Racing/Road Factory Line chain lube. Ordinarily I'd take it for a quick spin before applying the new lube but this Motul stuff is amazing, it just does not fly off, even when applied to a cold chain. waytogo

Went for a ride and the chain is as quiet as I've ever heard it and I only skinned two knuckles in the process, win!  Dolph   

14T Front
rendang

« Reply #1033 on: April 05, 2014, 03:02:17 AM »

Hypermotard oil cooler lines instal on my S2R

Finally did something about the rusty fittings on my S2R .
I was going to instal some fancy aeroflow
lines like you see on high end show cars with coloured alloy fittings but a quote of over $300
stopped that.
Picked up these perfect condition Hyper lines from fleabay USA for a quter of that price.
Added bonus of routing both lines on the left side leaving the cam belt un covered.

Looks good Dez, I always wanted to do something to tidy up that RHS oil line I hate the way it wanders aimlessly across the front beltcover, nice one  waytogo

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #1034 on: April 05, 2014, 02:28:32 PM »

Looks good Dez, I always wanted to do something to tidy up that RHS oil line I hate the way it wanders aimlessly across the front beltcover, nice one  waytogo

Yeah bloody easy fix , cant believe it took me all these years to do it.
There is always some Hyper lines for sale on fleabay , getting clean ones was my only priority
and getting them that cheap was a bonus waytogo
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:06:34 PM by Two dogs » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: