Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:56:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243464 times)
GK

« Reply #1080 on: June 07, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »

Starter switch was still playing up today. Myself and my 10 year old were all geared up for her first road ride and the bike wouldn't start the second time. I turned her off to use the key to remove the seat so I could get the cowl off.

A mate and I pulled it all apart, cleaned up the contacts etc, etc and reassembled it. Worked a treat afterwards. BUT then the rain set in and we had some other things to attend to.  boo

Maybe tomorrow or Monday we'll get a go, weather permitting.

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
GK

« Reply #1081 on: June 09, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »

Changed plugs and uploaded a map into the PC3.
The map was for open airbox, K&N filter, 11:1 Feraci pistons and sports cans.
Bike ran quite sweet!
My daughter greatly enjoyed her first outing as pillion.

Intermittent starting problem persists and requires further exploration.

GK

JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Mr.S2R
« Reply #1082 on: June 11, 2014, 01:00:40 AM »

After 8 years and 29,000km finally had to replace the original battery.

Got a nice new one with more CCA - always could use more of that...
GK

« Reply #1083 on: June 14, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »

Changed the starter and fuel injection relays.

Both purchased from AutoOne for less than $20.  waytogo

GK

Gone but not forgotten!
wrxmy99

« Reply #1084 on: June 15, 2014, 05:03:11 PM »

Finished the Rizoma clip on/triple install.

No more lookin like a BMX Bandit  waytogo

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 06:51:30 PM by wrxmy99 » Logged

08 MS2R1000

<Gone>
08 HM1100S
01 M900Si.e.
03 WR250F
90 XR250
97 ST2
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #1085 on: June 21, 2014, 01:11:45 PM »

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ?

Well ... yesterday actually.

Picked her up from D-Moto - for the latest instalment of the exchange program. I have never felt that the 800 was short of power ... but jumping on after riding the Stupidbike down felt a little different. Took me a while to get re-acquainted, but we were all good well before getting to the Old Road.

Oh and a message for any Evangelists reading this ... if a bloke is sitting at a table with only one seat enjoying his pie - he may not need to be saved ... he might just want to finish his lunch in peace. I am pleased that God has spoken to you ... but I'd prefer to not feel your Lord and Saviour deep inside me. you love your R1 and think it rides nicely even when you admit it is beyond your skill level or understanding ... but I don't appreciate you making judgement on my riding skill or choice of bike ... or insisting that i 'must ride slow' because I have never had a fall on the road - you don't know me or what motivates me. You are entitled to your opinion - I am just not sure why you decided to interrupt me with it ... weird, rude and a little offensive.

Also if anybody is heading up the Old Road be wary of the bright green layer that has formed in some of the shady corners.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:18:59 AM by Betty » Logged

Believe post content at your own risk.
braando
« Reply #1086 on: June 21, 2014, 02:09:46 PM »

Well, at least you have a bike to ride Betty, not like a certain northern beaches rock hopper who had the dummy spit a month or so ago.............

"im not freewaying it home with you bunch of girls, going back on my own down Thunderocks Way"   Roll Eyes

Exit, stage right........... coffee

No names of course   
GK

« Reply #1087 on: June 23, 2014, 12:07:25 AM »

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ?

Oh and a message for any Evangelists reading this ... if a bloke is sitting at a table with only one seat enjoying his pie - he may not need to be saved ... he might just want to finish his lunch in peace. I am pleased that God has spoken to you ... but I'd prefer to not feel your Lord and Saviour deep inside me.

Why did you feel the need to post this???

GK

Gone but not forgotten!
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #1088 on: June 23, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »

laughingdp
At least he didn't need a mate to help him  Roll Eyes
Wells

« Reply #1089 on: June 23, 2014, 02:00:22 AM »

Oh and a message for any Evangelists reading this ... if a bloke is sitting at a table with only one seat enjoying his pie - he may not need to be saved ... he might just want to finish his lunch in peace. I am pleased that God has spoken to you ... but I'd prefer to not feel your Lord and Saviour deep inside me.

God Botherers at PITS? wow.

I thought you'd already found your saviours at WDW two years ago!?

2005 M620
Hi. I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self-help tapes as “Smoke Yourself Thin” and “Get Some Confidence, Stupid!”
NYTimes: "...highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson Mandela, an 800-year-old demigod and a dildo collector."
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1090 on: June 23, 2014, 03:02:54 AM »

[mod]
...and this is not the place.

Drop the religion.

All the rules of the forum apply here.
[/mod]

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

GK

« Reply #1091 on: June 23, 2014, 03:05:16 AM »

Cos we don't need to have other peoples religious beliefs rammed down our throats i guess.........just like politics, there is a time and place for everything.

Time and place for everything, I get that, and indeed agree on that point.

However, I don't understand why there's the need to discuss the offence of how a religious person bothered you/whoever when out for a ride on this forum. Surely that's a topic for verbal discussion or PM among friends, not posted here publically where there are posting rules about politics and religion.

See my point?

Well, DP clearly does. Thanks.

GK

Gone but not forgotten!
braando
« Reply #1092 on: June 23, 2014, 03:15:11 AM »

now back to the pie Mark, I hope that it went down well.................  in the end.........sauce too...?     

Maybe a good part of the world to bypass for a bit i'd say............  meaning.........the weekend carnage up there wasn't good.......three accos, one fatal..........and yet we still wonder why the cops come down heavily up there.......one day the penny will drop.
Wells

« Reply #1093 on: June 23, 2014, 03:56:17 AM »

Eek! Never good to hear about an accident.
Be safe out there all.

2005 M620
Hi. I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self-help tapes as “Smoke Yourself Thin” and “Get Some Confidence, Stupid!”
NYTimes: "...highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson Mandela, an 800-year-old demigod and a dildo collector."
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #1094 on: June 23, 2014, 10:09:38 AM »

Why did you feel the need to post this???

GK

Sorry everybody ... didn't mean to cause offence or break any rules ... to be honest I didn't even consider my post to be a religious topic - he even said he wasn't religious. But it is why I didn't mention his political leanings which he was also preaching.

I posted it because it was just something (I thought weird) that happened when I was out with my Monster ... and because it happened at a well known bike hangout and we just don't seem to talk on here (or meet up) much anymore. Anyway I will edit my post to reflect something else he said which I consider more inappropriate.

I thought you'd already found your saviours at WDW two years ago!?

Interesting how few actually acknowledge that this whole place is based on a religious following ... and I am not trying to 'start' anything ... but words are like people ... open to interpretation.

now back to the pie Mark, I hope that it went down well.................  in the end.........sauce too...?     

I wouldn't ruin a decent pie by adding sauce ... but, no it didn't go down that well - I was probably rushing to get outta there.

Believe post content at your own risk.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: