Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:48:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: e-Racing bodywork. Any good?  (Read 3759 times)
duckwrench13

This thing sounds broken...

« on: June 22, 2008, 06:26:32 PM »

Has anyone used bodywork from a company called e-Racing? They advertise a full set of 748/916 bodywork for only $340!! Before I toss my $$$ at it, does anyone have any experience with their product? I only need it for track use, so it's not like it needs to be showroom perfect, but I'd like it to be a decent quality.

Let me know if you've used it. Pros? Cons?
Thanks! waytogo

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Gettin' blow'd up sucks!
Combat Veteran, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan 2006-2007
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:47:28 AM »

Limited experience.

Set up a 999 fairing to fit an M800.  Tongue

The glass was thin in spots, very thick in others, and the upper and lower didn't fit together well.
Not very symmetrical either.

Some of our resident track-wh0res can give more feedback and options.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
tufty

Where did my money go?

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 05:09:35 AM »

Has anyone used bodywork from a company called e-Racing? They advertise a full set of 748/916 bodywork for only $340!! Before I toss my $$$ at it, does anyone have any experience with their product? I only need it for track use, so it's not like it needs to be showroom perfect, but I'd like it to be a decent quality.

Let me know if you've used it. Pros? Cons?
Thanks! waytogo

I have E-racings on my 848, for $350 it's awesome. It fits perfectly, and all  the precast indentations line up with stock mounting points. It's light and well constructed, the only drawback is that if you are looking for a showroom finish paint job then it will take more work than say a $1000 set of Sharkskinz.
Red5

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:36:48 PM »

I was going to recommend the Yoshimitsu bodywork as an alternative to the e-racing stuff.  Then I realize they only have it for the model 749/999.  Their stuff is comparable in price to e-racing, but quality is a bit better.

The e-racing feedback is what you probably encountered so far: fit and finish is mediocre at best, durability is questionable after crashing.  If everything does line up during fitment, then you're one of the few that seem to have experience this.  The overwhelming FHE reports favor using a dremel and lots of patience to put it on.

'02 Monster 750 Dark
'03 CBR954RR
'03 CBR600RR (track bike)
Stillie
Daddy?

PIITB

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 05:16:31 PM »

We're sponsored by them. My teammates appear to have gotten their first edition stuff. It's as mentioned above, thin in some spots and thicker in others.

The set I received appears to be very well made. It was obviously cast from a set of track bodywork so drilling is a snap. Fitting? Well, I'm putting GSX-R bodywork on an SV...As you can guess I have no experience with fitment.  laughingdp

-Stefan
US Army 96-03
CCS# 248 Am
Macabre Motorsports
2009 Sponsors and Supporters:
Kat's Truck Parts LLC | RnR Cycles | Scorpion EXO | Woodcraft | Vortex Racing | Sidi Boots | Lockhart-Phillips
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 06:27:34 PM »

I've got 2 sets of the E-Racings bodywork for a 1098. Good? Well, you get what you pay for...
It takes quite a bit of time to get them to fit, but once fitted & painted I think they look good.
Track body work is 'sposed to look good at 100 feet at 100 MPH, & you're expecting to go down.
The next step up is Sharkskinz, which is quite a bit more expensive.
So... Do you have more money or time?!? Tongue

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »

To add to Stillie's comments, all three of his teammates have crashed their current bodywork. It has done its job and has held up well from what I've seen. I've seen the results of three lowsides and one injury-resulting catastrophic highside and the only one that needed repair was the last highside. Even with that, it is certainly repairable.

No inexpensive track plastics are going to bolt up to the stock mounting points. If you can bend and drill some aluminum stock, it isn't too hard.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
tufty

Where did my money go?

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 04:34:09 AM »

No inexpensive track plastics are going to bolt up to the stock mounting points. If you can bend and drill some aluminum stock, it isn't too hard.

Er, much as I hate to argue, my e-Racings bodywork lined up perfectly. I could have drilled holes in all the precast indentations and fitted OEM fasteners if I'd wanted. It took 2 hours to fit the bodywork. Really it took longer to take off the OEM bodywork and fit the Dzus fasteners.

Ducatista

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 05:57:43 PM »

Er, much as I hate to argue, my e-Racings bodywork lined up perfectly. I could have drilled holes in all the precast indentations and fitted OEM fasteners if I'd wanted. It took 2 hours to fit the bodywork. Really it took longer to take off the OEM bodywork and fit the Dzus fasteners.

I guess I can only speak for a GSX-R 600 and a few SVs.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

Stillie
Daddy?

PIITB

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 06:36:43 AM »

It doesn't matter now. We've been notified that e-racings is going out of business. Sad

-Stefan
US Army 96-03
CCS# 248 Am
Macabre Motorsports
Kat's Truck Parts LLC | RnR Cycles | Scorpion EXO | Woodcraft | Vortex Racing | Sidi Boots | Lockhart-Phillips
Ducatista

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 01:47:49 PM »

It doesn't matter now. We've been notified that e-racings is going out of business. Sad

bang head bang head bang head

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »

We've been notified that e-racings is going out of business. Sad

Bummer. I bought 2 sets of track suits for the 1098, so I'm set for awhile Grin

I'm sure the competition in the marketplace will be missed...

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Stillie
Daddy?

PIITB

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 07:03:40 AM »

Bummer. I bought 2 sets of track suits for the 1098, so I'm set for awhile Grin

I'm sure the competition in the marketplace will be missed...

There's a number of cheap suppliers on ebay now and most of them are unproven. PitEck has been used by a few people and is rated is shitty by all. I'll probably start using Armor Bodies since it's carried by Woodcraft and and I can get a discount.

-Stefan
US Army 96-03
CCS# 248 Am
Macabre Motorsports
mikeb
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 08:49:48 AM »

I read somewhere, I think over on WERA, that they are going to re-open shortly under a new name.  Apparently, don't know how true this is, but they got in trouble because they made their molds off of someone else's bodywork....which is why the fit was so good.  So they have to make new molds. 

Not saying it's the gospel.....just what I read on the inter-webs.
Stillie
Daddy?

PIITB

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 08:53:20 AM »

Well if it's on the interwebs it must be true.  Grin

-Stefan
US Army 96-03
CCS# 248 Am
Macabre Motorsports
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: