Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:53:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oz Monster Introductions  (Read 292749 times)
wade583

« Reply #1125 on: March 14, 2011, 11:44:39 PM »

Hey everyone, thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Wade and am from Cleveland which is on the bayside in Brisbane. I've had a 600 monster dark for just over 8 years now, and a TL1000s for 6 years but have decided to go back to one bike. Main reason is both bikes were starting to get a bit long in the tooth so to speak.

Any hoo I am in the middle of finalising details to get a 2002 900s ie monster. Its at a Ducati dealership on Brisbane northside, been listed for a long time, no doubt many of you have seen it on bikesales. Its a red one. I've been eyeing it off for a long time now, since October actually and finally am making the move. I test rode it yesterday and surprised myself with how strong it was down low, it is easy as grunty as the TL despite giving up 90cc to it. Of course once the monster reaches peak power around 6000 or so the TL is just getting its leg outta bed  Grin  and will no doubt disappear out of the monsters sights.

But to use that sorta power usually means doing naughty things on the road and I've had enough of looking over the shoulder, something a little saner and more useable around town would suit me better. For a bike thats going on 9 years it actually looks almost new, such is the care the previous owner has given it.  It has some nice addons, barend mirrors (though they're hard to see anything), vented carbon clutch cover, cored pipes, pazzo levers and some other trick bits here and there. Soon as its in the my driveway I'll post some pics. That will hopefully be by weeks end. I have a sneaky suspicion that a member of this board may have owned it.

Wade
monstermick58

« Reply #1126 on: March 15, 2011, 12:45:53 AM »

G'day Wade,

Welcome aboard, grunt is what these bikes are all about, set it up right and you can have so much fun in the corners its giggle-a-thon, anyway post a pic when you get the bike.

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
Twizted

« Reply #1127 on: March 17, 2011, 01:11:08 AM »

Welcome Wade.
I know the Monster you speak of. It has a DP comfort seat too? I went and looked at it when I was hunting one but found a cheaper 1000ie in Lismore.

The 900 you are getting is definitely a nice bike and basically nothing to spend with like low k's if I remember. Anyways I am located in the Ipswich area and have a few spare odds and ends if you need em. Just give us a yell.
Queestce

Rocket Riding Rotary Renegade

« Reply #1128 on: March 17, 2011, 04:36:38 AM »

G'day g'day,

New member and new Duc owner from New Farm in Brisbane here! Have been in Christchurch NZ for the last couple of years, just got back to Brisbane last week.

Name: Tom
Ride: 2006 Monster 620ie. Picked it up on monday, so good to have a bike again! Bit of a change from my last few rides, a CT110 and Kwaka EL250 cruiser...
Do: Just finished training for my commercial helicopter license, looking for a job! Do lots of snowboarding, drumming, mtbing, and photography.
Think: Everything about this new Duc seems brilliant! I've done a bit of maintenance to it this week and its incredible how easy to work on they are. Cannot wait to fit some new timing belts so I can take it around the hills this weekend!

Anyway I figured I'd attach a pic, not that you guys haven't seen a Monster before... Ignore the fact that it was taken on a phone...

Cheers all!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:44:26 AM by Queestce » Logged
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #1129 on: March 17, 2011, 08:47:35 AM »

Hey Tom & Wade,

Welcome along, hope you find the community helpful in your new Monster journey.
Remember the search is your best friend,  there is a heap of info on the DMF not just here in OzMonsters but right across the board .

Cheers
Matty...

wade583

« Reply #1130 on: March 17, 2011, 09:01:14 PM »

Oh boy where do I start? This 900 is incredible! It is really surprising how much grunt the thing has, and I thought I was used to V Twin grunt with my TL1000. I'll be honest, by the seat of the pants feel I reckon the 900 would have more low grunt than the TL and I reckon up to the 5000rpm mark you couldn't split them. It's only after that that the TL's 90cc advantage (and 4v per cylinder etc etc) would see it roar away. But who cares. I don't.

Twizted, yes that is the monster. The comfort seat is, well, comfortable. I haven't even noticed it to be honest, so I guess it works. I've gone through my first tank of fuel already (less than 24hours hehe) and I know from 8 years riding my old 600 I'd have a sore tail bone by this stage. It actually doesn't feel like the 600 in any way, the bar is lower and brings me forward more than the 600 did (it had city bars on it or something). The pegs feel a little different, on the 600 I could move my feet forwards and back to keep comfy whereas I seem to be locked into balls of feet on the pegs with the 900. But I'll get used to it.

It also has a little black box under the seat which I am guessing is an aftermarket computer, it has "Rapid Bike" on the top of it. I'll get a photo soon as my camera has recharged. Speaking of photos:

I added the carbon belt covers, side panels and sprocket cover. Everything else was already on the bike.
Shame its come over a little rainy here in Brissy at the moment, else I'd be out burning up another tank of fuel.

Wade
monstermick58

« Reply #1131 on: March 18, 2011, 01:39:27 AM »

Oooh! look!

Two newbies, two RED Monsters and both from Brissie, er you not the same bloke are you, surely its not a coincidence, or is it? Hmmm!

Anyway good to see you both on the board, hows the weather up in Brisbane area? Damp?

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
wade583

« Reply #1132 on: March 18, 2011, 03:46:38 AM »

Yeah the rain has come just in time for the weekend bugger it!
Twizted

« Reply #1133 on: March 18, 2011, 05:23:11 AM »

Bike looks great. I did something with my belt covers and sprocket too. Except I went the cheap option and painted them black with a bit of bumper paint. Cleans the ugly grey up nicely. Going for a spin tomorrow? (Saturday)
wade583

« Reply #1134 on: March 18, 2011, 06:13:41 PM »

Its a bit too wet to ride today, doesnt matter, the V8's are on TV to pass the time and I have a week off next week to get some miles. I did the same with my old belt covers on my 600 dark.

The camera picked up some streaks in them which wern't visible to the eye. For 9 years and 50thousand something km's she never once let me down.

Wade
Sundog

« Reply #1135 on: March 19, 2011, 12:32:34 AM »

Wade, how is your rego sticker attached? I can see it below your left rear peg but how is it attached to the frame.
I'm durned if I can find a way of attaching it to my 2010 M1100 without cable ties to the frame, which looks bad. See below.

And I want to put it here but can't work out how to do it without drilling or having cable ties exposed. I'm a bit of a neatness freak as far as my bike and cars, the cleaner looking the better. Smiley

Any ideas?

M1100 2010 in Ducati Titanium Grey
Custom Wizard Sleeve pipes & PC5 with O2 opt
14T Front
DP Anodized Pressure Plate DP Tail Chop
DP LED Indicators               Rizoma Rearset & Mirrors
Oggie Sliders                     Rizoma Bars & Levers
wade583

« Reply #1136 on: March 19, 2011, 01:55:45 AM »

Sundog, mine is attached to the bolt that supports the left pipe.  Other than mounting it on the back with the license plate I'm not sure where else you could on the newer models. I'd rather not have it at all because like you I don't like the messy look.

Wade
ohman

« Reply #1137 on: March 19, 2011, 04:34:25 AM »

Gday folks.  Was riding home after having just put new Termis on my Monster on Friday and was accosted by a fellow Monster rider, and told to have a look at the OzMonsters forum - so here I am!  Didn't catch the name of the guy (sorry mate) - but I'll introduce myself on here.  I'm from the southern suburbs (Oatley) in NSW.  Owned a 620 Monster for about 3 years, and then have recently traded up (last few months) to a 2009 Monster 1100s.  Recently had a couple of things done - including the said Termi pipes.  Smooth as, and sounds a treat, and looking forward to taking it out for a real ride (I mostly do city riding) when the weather isn't so crap...Will post a pic when I get a chance.

Cheers
Ohman
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #1138 on: March 19, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »

Welcome Ohman
Well it wasn't me that bailed you up.
 we have a ride organized for April 3rd to the Kangaroo valley  (weather permitting) http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=47109.0
If your keen  for a ride and chat.  Smiley ( just ride at your own pace)   [moto]

Rob
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:38:15 PM by Rob s » Logged

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #1139 on: March 19, 2011, 03:24:07 PM »

Hey Ohman,

Wasn't me either and I'd be your closed rider living in Rockdale and frequenting Oatley where I used to live. 
There is a great large group of Sydney OzMo's hope you can come and meet us all sometime. We don't really have a new monster in the ranks so it would be good to you along.

So own up who pointed Ohman here?

Cheers
Matty...

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: