Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 10:08:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The One Motorcycle Show  (Read 2872 times)
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« on: January 31, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »

http://theonemotorcycleshow.com/index.html

Looks interesting, anybody hear of this?

Free admission! waytogo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:02:09 PM by krolik » Logged

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
scott_araujo

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »

Yes, I went last year and am planning to go again this year.  Last year I went Friday night and it was very crowded.  My friend says it always is Friday night.  That coupled with getting there right around Tor's bedtime made for a short visit.  This year I plan to go Saturday afternoon.

It's definitely fun, lots of bikes and riders and cold PBR in cans.  You can look through the bikes on the site and get a good idea of the range of what you'll see: steam powered Rube Goldberg bikes, ratty ass 70s choppers, show bikes ready for the concourse, street fighters, you name it.  Fun no matter how you slice it.  Anyone up for joining me Saturday?  Not sure yet whether I'll go right at noon and leave mom to watch Tor nap or wait until he's up and hit it around 4ish.

Scott
krolik

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »

Saturday around noon sounds good to me. waytogo Dolph

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

scott_araujo

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 12:32:49 AM »

I'll give you a shout near the end of the week to let you know.

Scott
krolik

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »

Hey Scott, how about some pictures from the show?

scott_araujo

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:28:59 AM »

I only took two pics, both of the Harley adventure tourer because it had a Warn winch and my friend works for them.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ozHYS67rUy3nz9Bd7Bzzq9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/us18nVzYtFEGaq7dViIpnhKQCfi063VOPSgZSGb4Rxs?feat=directlink

Interestingly, that bike is in an Icon ad this month for boots on page 4 of MotorCyclist magazine.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:35:08 AM by scott_araujo » Logged
MendoDave
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 04:09:13 AM »

I wonder if that winch is any use at all.
scott_araujo

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 05:25:36 AM »

Warn is selling them, mostly to the BMW adventure tour crowd.  The model is not permanently mounted.  You tether it to wherever you need to and then run lines to the battery to use it.  It makes it more versatile.  I wonder the same thing myself but if I had to pull a GS out of a muddy ravine I wouldn't turn one down.

Scott
MendoDave
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »

I guess that time I had to help a guy get his triumph tiger up the embankment and onto the road one of those would have been good. For some reason I was thinking of yarding a log or something like that. A motorcycle is a little light on heft for Yarding logs, but if you can mount it to something else I guess you could move something small.
scott_araujo

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »

I think it's mostly just for hauling the bike itself out of various holes.

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: